s14 200sx brakes

T

Tug

i have just spent today trying to sell an old unused GTTuning big brake conversion consisting of 288mm discs spacer brackets and pads as part of a garage clearout. does this now mean that the discs might fit straight on my R? and i only need to maybe get new spacer brackets made? :roll: :roll: :roll:

ashills

ive got a set of these laying around if anyone wants a set 50 quid +plus delivery
ive grinded the nissan badge off the front thats all
came off late car if i remember right so pretty good condition

Cris

Tug said:
i have just spent today trying to sell an old unused GTTuning big brake conversion consisting of 288mm discs spacer brackets and pads as part of a garage clearout. does this now mean that the discs might fit straight on my R? and i only need to maybe get new spacer brackets made? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Don't know GTTuning - is it a kit for the R?

If not then you'd need to check the specs of the discs to see if they'd fit. Brackets can be machined. I can only see this being of use if the discs fit really...

T

Tug

GTTuning 288mm kit was a Direct bolt on kit for the R5 gtturbo. It was designed to go on 15 inch wheels and above. So does that mean the disks should fit straight onto my R, which runs on 16 inch wheels? Is the pcd and offset and whatever else for the R5 the same as the R? Sorry for borrowing the thread for a mo :oops:

abyss

vauxhall do a disc for the new astra 2.0T witha 308mm disc dont know the width but i would check this out.

B

B12-power

I bought some Wilwoods :D , so these are for sale now!

£100 for the set incl. pads!

These are aluminium-calipers (only weight 3,6kg instead off the 4,9kg iron-one's). These are the non-turbo calipers for 26mm width discs.

gtir bean

not the best pic but with my rough measurments the 320mm disks will fit perfect.there the same offset as the standard disks too.only problem is the calliper will hit my 16's but they should fit ones where the spokes dont curve in at the ends.

Cris

Tug said:
GTTuning 288mm kit was a Direct bolt on kit for the R5 gtturbo. It was designed to go on 15 inch wheels and above. So does that mean the disks should fit straight onto my R, which runs on 16 inch wheels? Is the pcd and offset and whatever else for the R5 the same as the R? Sorry for borrowing the thread for a mo :oops:
Maybe. Don't know what size of hubs the R5 runs. Other Renaults match Nissans but I have no experience of 5s.

Also the "offset" (can't remember what the correct term is) of disc and caliper and hub may be different.

If you have the set to hand whip off a wheel, unbolt the caliper (and carrier) and the disc comes straight off. Then compare the two discs!

Bada bing, bada bong, job's a good 'un. 8)

S

SR910

Hi, i hve nearly complete this brake conversion to my gtir, i used R33 calipers (just uses a bigger diameter disc) but i used U13 bluebird hubs, for the reason that they have the 100mm spacing and have the same geometary as the gtir hub. The only problem if they run a larger diameter CV spline, so you must also run the U13 CV.

here are some pics

here you can see the problem, no way you can get the nissan 4 spot close enough.

here you can see the spacing difference in the hubs

you can see the R33 caliper bolted up to the hub, the standard r33 disc is used, 5 mm taken off its radious as it is slightly too large. Discs redrilled to 4 stud.[/img]

GTiR_Mic

Would you not get away with using Vaxhaul Cavalier Turbo front discs, still having the same offset as the Sunny.