s14 200sx brakes

gtir bean

i did a quick search but nothing much came up,anyway i can get a full set of 4pots with new-ish disks fo £40.i know you need brackets for the caliper an to redrill the disks to fit 4x100.i can get both of these things done at my work but is there anything else?i have 16" enkie's but not sure if i will need to space them out a bit or not.for the price i think ill just buy them whatever but would love to get them on as the standard ones are poo.

Shaun

:D Hi mate,this has been asked many times in the past and i too have searched for the answer as a good set of cheap ugrade brakes for the 'R' would help alot of owners out 8) But as far as i'm aware,no-one has had the balls to do it(or their not saying :cry: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

gtir bean

well im going to buy them tomorrow so we should all find out soon.i cant see any diferance in using them or a set of hispec's etc other than i will have to make the brackets etc.

Shaun

gtir bean said:
i cant see any diferance in using them or a set of hispec's etc other than i will have to make the brackets etc.
Totally agree mate,only thing that might be awkward is the offset on the 200sx discs and the positioning of the caliper's :wink:

Keep me updated 8)

gtir bean

i had thought about the offset of the disks,at worst ll have to get some disks from hispec or make the bracket offset for the caliper.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
The Primera P10 GT had 280mm discs with the same stud pattern & offset as the Pulsar / Sunny. A pair of them should sort your disc problems out, just need a bracket for the caliper and (in theory) that should do it :) :?:

gtir bean

the only thing that i can see being a problem is getting the calipers in close enough to the hub(may need to use bigger disks)

gtir bean

this is how they look at the mo,not very pretty but once there all clean and painted all will be good.[/img]

G

gav

could you pm me if you find som1 who can do the brackets. I to have a set of 200sx calipers but need the brackets the same as you.

A

Anonymous

gtir bean said:
if i can get them to fit i can just mak up 2 sets of brackets.
i wouldn't waste your time as the std 200sx brakes are as bad as the std R brakes :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have to admit looking at the state of those calipers I wouldn't even consider putting them on a car. They look well past it. :(

marc

The standard brakes on a 200sx ar 4 pots and as far as my experience goes they stopped my mates 500bhp skyline nps, and I was told it was the exact same brakes? Now just saying what I was told would be happy to be proved wrong? Because this is an upgrade im considering myself at this time!

L

leeboy

How do you know the seals are ok, looking at them, theyve been left in the rain, or in the garden for a long time

gtir bean

there is no evedance of fluid leaking and the dust seals are all ok and the pistons move free.i removed them from the car so its not as if they have been lying on the ground for a while.if you look at brakes on any m reg uk car they will prob look like this unless they have been painted.

G

gav

I fitted thsese calipers to a s13 and was very effective. I also have a set of these calipers but dont know any1 to make the required brackets for them to fit on the GTIR hub.