Raising the compression?

Yo, Davey.
Go for the RPS Street (or prganic whatever its called). Its a very nice clutch to use and seeems to be well up for the job.
I've had a Helix which was good but had a few issues with their customer services.
pm sent.
Ben

GTiR-Aholic

Never tried those clutches but I currently got a OS Giken twin plate with flywheel.. works lovely for me and I'm running about 310-320bhp.

geetee

RPS Street Max, reinforce your clutch release arm (involves getting a plate welded to the back of it), grow left leg muscles like Arnie and happy days.

I've not heard of one of these disintegrating or slipping / frying under hard use.

They are very heavy though and it takes some getting used to the way they bite.

Make sure you have the pedal box support bracket too.... the extra pressure you have to put on the pedal is sure to destroy that without one.

Davey

Thanks again lads, tried to order an RPS from SRB today, but apparently they dont deal with them anymore.
Ordered a Helix (the 309 lbft version) from Rallynuts, really good service, and easy to deal with. It cost £390 delivered though, they have gone up £50 since xmas.
Am in a rush, couldnt mess around waiting for people, or chasing up the best price

DanDud

Iv got the RPS street max and it hasnt given me any grief at all over the last year and it does get some abuse. As has been said above stengthen your clutch fork and get the pedal support bracket too. Also get down the gym and work on your left leg lol

revhead

Gearsets/casing on high power level Qs.

Hey guys,

I was very keen on purchasing a reasonably cheap 91 GTiR, as Evos and Subarus are just too common so I signed up on this forum to know more before committing into the car.

After browsing the forums, I found out that the gearbox is a major issue after some mods/heavy mods, which put me on hold until I hear from you guys.

My plan is to have a PPG syncro'ed gearsets as the car will be a daily driver though it will see some drag events. I'm looking at 450whp+ at high boost and race fuel.

Despite having the gearsets, I understand that the gearbox housing has a tendency to break as well. Does this happen to all aftermarket replacement gearsets or just specific ones? Does this happen on helical cut gears or straight cut?

What are the solutions to the broken casing?

Apart from the gearbox, are there other issues with the GTiR's drivetrain at the targetted power level?

Your advise is much appreciated.

Regards,

ashills

the rest of the drive train is pretty untested due to no one really getting past the box issues
the gear casing maybe ok if u have a straight cut gear kit and final drive and possibly some bracing on the end casing
have a search around its been covered a fair bit

dobby

Using engine stand.

Hi folks just one question. Has anyone got a picture of their engines on an engine stand. I will be getting one soon and it looks like most if not all the threads are in the gearbox.
Cheers

Mark

noriek2003

heres mine. i use the gearbox bolts and one bit of threaded rod.

machine mart jobbie, the more expensive one, the cheap one is ok but abit kak imho. this one is much more stable.

dobby

heres mine. i use the gearbox bolts and one bit of threaded rod.

machine mart jobbie, the more expensive one, the cheap one is ok but abit kak imho. this one is much more stable.
Cheers that is were I am getting one from. I know the one you are on about