Raising the compression?

B

Bod

My pulsar was booked in at my mates sprayshop but my engine broke this week went up there and a fella ive met before was there with a honda type r said his mate got a grey pulsar but the gearbox has gone.small world if you need a hand give me a shout mate.

P

pulsarboby

radders if you aint done one before then drop the whole engine, the lot!
believe me its easier in the longrun. and dont forget to fill g'box and transfer box when its bolted back up (easily forgotten, and a costly mistake);-)

andy....just had your mrs on the blower a few hours ago, she said shes gonna beat the crap out your car as its ruining her life:lol: :lol: :lol:

Radleigh

Bod said:
My pulsar was booked in at my mates sprayshop but my engine broke this week went up there and a fella ive met before was there with a honda type r said his mate got a grey pulsar but the gearbox has gone.small world if you need a hand give me a shout mate.

LOL!! Funny that, he said to me.. There was this guy having an engine done in a pulsar

haha, small world indeed!! :-D

Where you from Bod?

Bob, Got nearly everything off now, but im a slow worker when it comes to cars lol! so just taking my time.

can anyone tell me what Oil to use for both Gearbox and Transfer box, and where from, I cant be bothered to hit the search button:lol: :lol:

Thankyou all :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

i use 75 / 90 semi synthetic
go down to a local motor factors and ask for motoquip its a good oil and around £25 for 5ltr, will do transfer & gearbox

marc

Aye you answered your question yourself, Look at what you said!

The RAC guy fiddled about with the alternator and it worked :)

That should give you a wee idea, If it was me id be looking there first :)

B

Bod

Ruislip mate been into renault 5 gt turbos for years still have a race based car always fancied a pulsar worst car ive ever had bought it oil pump went then the engine car will have cost me 3k and ive hardly used it.

NU773R

the question wasnt about the alternator it was would lack of battery power have any effects on the performance and cause the car to not boost right???

red reading

yes it will as the ecu will start to get upset with too lower voltage ,and if you have a boost controller that will too.

Radleigh

Inlet manifold question. (modding)

Taken mine off to clean up and paint while im doing my gearbox change..

But seeing all the pipe work behind it and searching on the forum. Can I mod mine like some have and lose the black box. (vacuum I think?)

I cant seem to find out weather I can mod the back of the inlet on standard management?

O

Odin

Radders said:
Taken mine off to clean up and paint while im doing my gearbox change..

But seeing all the pipe work behind it and searching on the forum. Can I mod mine like some have and lose the black box. (vacuum I think?)

I cant seem to find out weather I can mod the back of the inlet on standard management?

If you have a standard ECU you can't touch any of that stuff on the underside of the inlet manifold, It's all needed to run the idle control valve and a couple of other things I think.

About the best you can do is buy yourself the new samco hoses and replace all the old Nissan water pipes.

Rob

Radleigh

Oh ok, Damn...

Mine looks a mess behind there, more than normal anyway which is why I ask, got two venting to air that I dont think should be:?

Adam L

Gear selection

I've got a bit of a problem after putting my car back together, everything runs sweet as a nut apart from me not being able to select any gears.

I've bled the clutch 3 times to make sure it's not that, it's going into gear while the engine's off so it can't be the linkage and I can see the fork move on the gearbox once the clutch is depressed so it's become a slightly baffling situation, to me anyway.

The only thing I didn't fit when I took the engine out was the release bearing, to me, that's a pretty retarded thing to **** up if it turns out to be that. Has anyone ever done this? Or has anyone got any other suggestions for me as I really really don't want to take the engine out again:lol:

Any info appreciated.

O

Odin

Radders said:
Anyone running one of these yet???

Yes I've got one fitted, But until my car comes back from the tuner this week or next I wont be able to comment :oops: .

Rob

gtirtrack

big bhp needed. advice please

right guys im thinking of building a serious pulsar, after taking lots of them to bits etc, and now knowing them inside out im thinking about building a pulsar which will hopefully show that pulsars are up with the best of em.
basically it wont be road legal, i just want it to be as quick as possible.
first thing is the engine. im looking for over 600bhp and am looking into strokers to achieve this.
which strokers r available and where can i get em. i have searched but not come up with much.
what turbo will give me over 600hp.
i will also require a straight cut gearbox, i have a quaife at the min but i know the casing will destroy itself using this. whats the best striaght cut box for hard launches. and where do i get it.
im looking to get a pulsar which will hit the 1/4mile in under 10secs.
i know how much work is involved but im up for the challenge, i will be going the whole hog and it will be a project that may take a year or two to finish.
i just need to know these first few questions to get me started, as these items r the big money bits,
cheers. :thumbsup:

puregttipower

clutch or gearbox :(

Hi guys my car has developed a problem, when the car is off the gears go in okay, tho 1st gear is a bit stiff to put in, but when you start the car the car dosnt want to go into gears? the clutch is really stiff and is quite closew to the floor with not much movement? cant hear any noises when the the car is started? please help. Also my car is running quite rich it has a apexi fuel controller anyone based in or around bitmingham that can work these things??? much appreciated cheers guys