Raising the compression?

radiobar

hi !

you will find a 2.35 stroker on ebay.com
item number 180170754495.
its a 2.3 with 89 pistons. but there are also 90mm available.
i might install it in near future.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
puregttipower said:
Hi guys my car has developed a problem, when the car is off the gears go in okay, tho 1st gear is a bit stiff to put in, but when you start the car the car dosnt want to go into gears? the clutch is really stiff and is quite closew to the floor with not much movement? cant hear any noises when the the car is started? please help.
It could be a number of things:

Master Cylinder - check fluid levels in the reservoir, is it dropping in volume?
Slave Cylinder - Located at the front of the car near the gearbox, check for fluid loss onto gearbox casing
Clutch release fork - will need to removed fork, (situated in gearbox casing) to see if you've bent it

What clutch are you using?

gtirtrack

stroker

found this place called erics performance. any1 know what sort of import i will pay, the stroker kit is around £1600, plus delivery. this is a brian crower kit.

G

gtirbhp

If the clutch pedal is really close to the floor and you have hardly much travel before the pedal is touching the floor then it sounds as though your clutch is on its way out - i only say that as a friends clutch started to wear and he adjusted his pedal a few times (each getting closer towards the floor) just to get a decent biting point.. If its a stiff clutch then most likely is an uprated one :( and its on its last legs with such a close bite..Try adjusting it a little to see if that helps with gear selection but my guess is its been wearing for a while now...

Wait for other owners with more knowledge than me to come on and tell you what it sounds like as i could be well off m8

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

radiobar

hi !

i have ordered many parts there. no problems,fast shipping and very good service.
ask him about import costs - he will help you.

KF79GTIR

Quite a few people have used erics parts on here and most of the time you will not say import duty as items are marked as gifts the main prob with the stroker kits are the head gaskets blowing the best thing you could do is talk to stumo as he is in the middle of getting the problem solved. Kev.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Under 10secs...

BC 2.36L Stroker w/Liners
GT42 Turbo - 800bhp+
PPG Straight Cut Gearkit /w Straight Cut Final Drive
Aeromotive Fuel System
Motec / AEM / Autronics ECU

You'll also want to think about the Suspenstion, Tyres, Pannels and Cooling...

Note the safety specs you will need to meet to even get onto the track with a car that fast..

Also be prepared to fork out plenty on broken bits of drivetrain and engine refreshes..

EVOBAD

:chained: :chained: :car: yes as rishi says ul need 800bhp plus as the aerodynamics are crap on the pulsar & be prepared to be spending all the time,ps hav u won the lottery,it would be nice to see the pulsar give the evo-skyline clubs a run for ther money

O

Odin

Best advice is to bin the whole idea and buy a proper car that can actually handle the power.

Rob

gtirtrack

is the gt42 not slightly overkill. im looking for around 600hp, the car will be very light indeed, so shouldnt need much more power i hope lol. i have motec m400. car will be on drag strip only for the start of its life so suspension will have to get me off the line with lots of grip and then not much else apart from give good stability at speed. all panels that r bolt on will be replaced with either carbon or glass fibre. cooling obviously will be looked into properly. tyres r the only thing i dont really know much about. what would u recommend for drag racing.
u say safety specs may halt me from getting on the track. what would be needed for drag only.
car will originally be developed for drag racing and then will be converted to a track car once im done with that.
i know i will probably break it every time i use it but im prepared for that lol.
wheres the best place to source a suitable turbo and the ppg gearkit.

gtirtrack

im not one for going for the easy option and buying another car that every1 and their dog has like the evo, skyline, supra etc etc. i wanna challenge and i wanna give the bigger boys a shock lol. any1 can get a skyline to go fast easily with some cash, the pulsar will be much more of an achievment at the end of the day.

jocster76

im running a 2.2 but it aint no stroker kit its new sleave with 90mm pistons running 9/1 comp with a gt 40 turbo aint had it on the rollers yet but it was set up on the road and all this cost me bout 2.5 grand to build only thing im worried about is the 9/1 comp ratio but it drives awsome and pulls like train parts are fairly cheap if you look in the right place alot of ppl on here headed me in the right direction

joc

John

EVOBAD said:
you hav no chance getting under 10seconds with 600bhp mid 10seconds if your lucky
Eh dont think so, AWD Pulsar cracked high 10's and didnt have anywhere near 600bhp

Rishi

John said:
Eh dont think so, AWD Pulsar cracked high 10's and didnt have anywhere near 600bhp
Do you know the difference between 10.9 and 9.9sec power..

AWD was a shell with no cage running 420bhp / 450lb.ft although Mo Jamal managed the same with similar power too... Both have only ever managed this once.. Other then that they are low low 11sec regulars..

I think Norris' EVO is around the 920bhp mark and weighing in at 1400kg all in.. So you are looking at having around the 650bhp per ton mark..

Getting a GTiR with all the safety equipement down to 1000kg will be a challenge and even then you will need 650bhp.. 750 - 800bhp would be your best bet.. Just don't expect it to hold together as easily..

SUMO's new car ran around the 700bhp mark at 1100kg IIRC in full drag spec, HKS Dog Box, Air Shifter, Drag Radials and managed to squeeze into the 9's..

EEC uses a GT42RS and clocks 9.9secs @ 151mph..

Not to mention that they are all more aerodynamic than the GTiR..

gtirtrack

the under 10 secs bit isnt really important anyway lol, just it would be nice. i just wanna run consistant times that r as good as or better than the big boys run. fastest pulsar would be nice tho lol. if im gonna do it then i will commit fully to it. i just gotta decide weather buying a house can wait a year or 2 lol. i fully realise the difference a second makes in drag racing and for only a tiny amount of time u will need another 100-200bhp lol. cheers for the input tho lads.

Rishi

gtirtrack said:
fastest pulsar would be nice tho lol.
One of the outright fastest GTiR's is already running using a GT42 and a 2.36L Stroker.. Not sure when its going to be totally complete though...

Then there are some running the GT4088 and GT3542 with all the necessary parts to support the full power potential.. Some are running on base maps and others waiting completion, but all the bits are there..

Good luck though..

P

pulsarboby

gtirtrack said:
gotta decide weather buying a house can wait a year or 2 lol. i fully realise the difference a second makes in drag racing and for only a tiny amount of time u will need another 100-200bhp lol. cheers for the input tho lads.

lol reckon your girlfriend will have something to say about that :lol: the female species tend to hate cars when they get in the way of a nice family home, kids etc, you see:lol: :lol: :lol:youl be bullied and mentally tortured till your a quivering wreck!

ashills

you need set a few things out first are you prepared to run full slicks if so ull make life alot easier for quicker times there alot of people in uk who try doing it with road cars ie no slicks and still mot'd and it makes it hard work
look at what guys are doing in usa with evo's a well set up gtir only need a 2 litre with a gt3540 at over 2.4 bar and full slicks if transmission can hold it then it will be pretty close to your goals id spec the dogbox for only needing 4th gear to cross the line so less gear changes realisticly you have to be prepared to spend over 20-25k so think if you really like drag racing that much lol a 600bhp around car if much more fun and usable (if a road car id go stroker route without a question but all race cars are 2 litre in drag world only uk evo tuners who use stroker kits)