Raising the compression?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If, when you changed the sensor you left some dirt or the sensor is/was dirty that will effect its reliability, otherwise track and check the sensor cable back from the sensor in the hub through the inner arch and along to the ABS brain.

Also if the sensor you put back in isn't new and is even slightly dinked then that could be your problem.

Sam_M

THanks for the reply chaps, well now the abs light isnt coming on until I drive for around 30secs or so, then it comes up with fault 15. Very odd, everytime I start the car and drive off it stays off for a small amount of time then pops up.

Bloody strange, the old sensor had no reading on the multimeter, this one works fine. All good fun :doh:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Sam_M said:
THanks for the reply chaps, well now the abs light isnt coming on until I drive for around 30secs or so, then it comes up with fault 15. Very odd, everytime I start the car and drive off it stays off for a small amount of time then pops up.

Bloody strange, the old sensor had no reading on the multimeter, this one works fine. All good fun :doh:
Thats what mine does :lol:

To cure it I will be ripping my ABS out later this year

Steve

MORF114

Ecu choice

In the next couple of months im upgrading my ecu i already have a link ecu which i have made 210kw @14psi with the car totally stock except ecu,

Car has had a massive change in spec since i bought it under a year ago which will include deans old engine in the next week or so.

Im in two minds to choose between another link g3 ecu or a autronic sm4 i do not know anything about ecu's so when i look at the spec sheets for them i may as well be looking at chinese

The car will be mainly used for drag racing but will be used to work occasionly when i feel the need to annoy another v8 driver, looking to running 2 maps one for 1.2 and 1.6 bar to get 400-450 bhp but with less torque to help maintain gearbox life as its still standard but if it breaks it breaks and 2bar + is possible with uprated gearbox.

Car currently runs map sensor and i have no maf anymore and would like to stay away as i have no room to fit maf anymore.

Would mainly like to know pros and cons of both ecus if anyone on here has any knowledge on the 2 ecu's or another one which is better but affordable hence no motec, help on deciding would be very much appreciated.

I dont even know if these 2 ecu's can have 2 maps ?? on the flip of a switch??

Cheers

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
SM4 is a bit of a beast! You can install a dash switch to change maps...

Think you can do the same with the Link but not sure..

Rishi

MORF114

Cheers Rishi.
Whats the main thing to look for when choosing a ecu they both look pretty similar, the processor is faster in the link but i think the sm4 has more points on the maps.

Keira

look for what you've mentioned above, plus any other features that come with it and then think 'is there anyone good to map it'

Fusion Ed

Kieron is right, its irrelevant on how good the gear is if you cant find anyone to set it up right.

More cells also isnt that important. There are large areas of a cars map where its pretty linear and you can get away with few cells, so don't be fooled that say a 32x32 map is any better than a 16x16. You may just find it takes much longer to get right and you'll be paying more as a result.

carlengerer

RishiGTiR said:
SM4 is a bit of a beast! You can install a dash switch to change maps...

Think you can do the same with the Link but not sure..

Rishi
AFAIK the haltech E8 can do that also, makes me think of the BMW M5 test on top gear with the race button...take a look at the software for for the haltech..

http://www.haltech.com.au/downloads.htm

...can you get a plugin harness for the SM4??

Last edited:

MORF114

there is someone very reputable to map both of the ecu's.

so would a faster processor be better than more cells?

Thanks for the tips guys :thumbsup:

Actually to date how many ECU offer TPS and MAP blending?
What i'm trying to say is that according to some local tuner i need an ecu that reads of TPS to compensate low vacuum readings of individual throttle engine like ours?
To date i heard Haltech E8 has that feature.

ashills

yep it is helpful to have secondary load tables due to throttle bodies like youve said above but im gonna be trying without on the power fc to see the easiest way round when extra arent avaliable ill let u all kow what happens

CARLGTIR

Whining on start up but not alternator?

Hello wondering if you guys can help me, car has been making a noise on start up. Have changed the alternator and car still makes noise but then after 2-3 minutes stops and you would bever know it was there, have been told from a very reliable source its the steering pump. Is this difficult to fit? Could it be anything else? Any replies are greatly appreciated

MORF114

Its not the missus in your ear is it when you drive away shes so scared to say anything after 2-3 minutes of sheer GTI-R power.

CARLGTIR

Lol :) She loves being driven around in the car, hopefully she's not gonna start whining cause that'll make the third inc the gearbox!