Raising the compression?

neil240z

The main diff is in the gearbox that drives the front wheels, so it sounds like the problem lies there unless its a driveshaft.

Fusion Ed

gtirx2 is spot on. The diff in the gearbox is the centre diff (LSD) the front diff is in the transfer box (bog standard type diff).

kingy

See what i meen about mixed opinions.
If i need a transfer box i will buy one tomorrow if possible and do the work on saturday.Just don't want to replace the transfer if it is in the gearbox.Not bothered about the price just the man hours it will take me.When you do something for family it has to be for free.

O

Odin

Micra Ed said:
gtirx2 is spot on. The diff in the gearbox is the centre diff (LSD) the front diff is in the transfer box (bog standard type diff).

Their is no LSD fitted to the pulsar as standard in either the gearbox or transfer box, The rear has an LSD as standard, Some pulsar will of had LSD's fitted at some point in their lives but it's pretty hit and miss to find one ;-) .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

yep your correct robbie, only lsd is in the rear axle diff.

poor bloke must be more confused than ever now!:roll: :doh:

gtirx2

You guys maybe right but i always thought the rear diff is a viscous lsd and so is the center diff[the one in the gearbox] as its the same as the rear diff and filled with fluid.The front is a normal open diff jobby for sure tho.

O

Odin

gtirx2 said:
You guys maybe right but i always thought the rear diff is a viscous lsd and so is the center diff as its the same as the rear diff and filled with fluid.The front is a normal open diff jobby for sure tho.

The rear is a viscose LSD as is the centre diff but I don't think the centre diff is classed as an LSD.

Rob

olliecast

Which Simple Boost Controller??!!

Hi guys/gals,
i`ve searched the forums and i`m still struggling with which boost controller to buy. I`m seen the apexi but seems like its got to many features for what i need, the greddy looks good as does the other avaliable.

I thought i`d throw the question to you lot to see what you think.

i`m looking to run approximately 1 bar high boost (mabe up to 1.2 if i get refurbished gearbox/engine in the future) and standard boost all the other time.
I don`t mind turning to boost down manually but a two mode function would be nice.
I don`t want it sticking out ontop of the dash board or anything but i want some thing that could sit out of the way and only be used when needed to (i.e. subtle)
Anybody got any recomendations?

price wise i`m looking up to 200-250.

Cheers, ollie

Keira

jesus girls...this one easy :lol:

Gtirs have a viscous for the centre diff, a crappy open diff for the front and a viscous diff for the rear, unless of course you are flash buggers like me and simon, then you will have something much better :lol:

A

another sunny

Save your money and do the easy 1 bar boost mod, in the how to guide i think.

olliecast

another sunny said:
Save your money and do the easy 1 bar boost mod, in the how to guide i think.
does seem really easy mate but is it not a cheap way out of doing it properly?

when it boosts at the moment it hits boost with hardly any spike., then holds well

was worried with the 1 bar mod that it wouldn`t hold boost the same.

Last edited:

olliecast

Keira said:
it maybe best if you clicky the word search below

SEARCH

before attempting the easy boost upgrade :shock:
done my research thankyou and searched as mentioned in the first post.

the car already has an uprated clutch, filter, turbo timer and fuelpump so my guesses is that its run higher boost before.

just don`t want to cut corners "joining pipes up" when i can get a more definiate boost reading from an electronic boost gauge. :roll: