Parts Development

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
RishiGTiR said:
I could maybe get some Carbon ones made
I ask about some carbon rad plates some time ago but nothing came about it.

Other items of interest:

Carbon bonnets (flat and and/or cheese grater designs)
Fibre glass bonnets (flat and and/or cheese grater designs)
Universal race seat sub frame kits for GTiR's (all I can find are the Cobra ones)
Headlight or indicator air scoop (Example)
Off the shelf 3" exhaust systems including a 3" elbow.
Cold Air Box kits
Quality coilover kits that have had extensive testing and spring rates that have been proven to work in different conditions.

mattytappy

by the sounds off it bob the headlight airintake and the radiator plate would be a dead cert....so if you can source some or are gunna make them you can stick me down for both;-)
also rishi were are you having you air intake made.....was thinking of fabricating one myself?

O

Odin

fubar andy said:
Headlight or indicator air scoop

This is more the kind of thing you want:

Should keep the bobby's off your back and you can drive it at night :thumbsup: .

Rob

frp

sequential shifter? i spoke to ikeya a few months back... basically no chance!
i appreciate this would be very costly.
may sound daft but an online gtiroc store where all parts can be found easily and at reasonable prices rather than trawling the net :ranger: and being robbed.:rant:
steve

Kenny

Not sure how much of an interest there would be but how about an alloy sump guard & diff guards?

J

jpward

Kenny said:
Not sure how much of an interest there would be but how about an alloy sump guard & diff guards?
Go and buy propper nismo ones like me you tight wad :lol:

Is it just me or is everyone gone "Carbon nutty"

J

jpward

Kenny said:
All I want is something fit for purpose, not for polishing ;-)
I can get you an alloy copy made ;-) and mine are not mirror polished they too are to stop the Tarmac ingress LOL

mattytappy

fancy getting a group buy going on these jp;-) ...;-) ....;-) :lol: on a seroius note were did you get those copys made up fella

P

pulsarboby

lol theres a lot of replies!

ok lets get a couple of things straight to start with here.
first of all, if any of the things mentioned so far are in the process of being produced, or someone is already in negotiations with the production of something or other, then i will not step in and steal the show (so your ideas are safe mr pudney;-) )

rishi, are these duct vents people are on about or grille ram air being produced by yourself or anyone else on here? if so then il leave alone, if not then il look into it!

if my plan with gearbox casing works as well as i think it will, then i will have these covered myself!

im looking into the coilovers at the moment, lighter more road friendly versions will be available with lower spring weights also.
there will also be an electronic set with in-car adjustment for damping via a kind of remote keypad, which will be very well priced.

as for other things mentioned, like carbon fibre bonnets etc, all these could be made, but its no good with just one or two people wanting them, as there will always be a minimum order, and tbh im not gonna purchase say 10 sets and find im stuck with half of them:roll:
so every particular part will need to have a kind of group buy of sorts to gauge interest as to whether it will be worth putting into production, if you get my drift!

this at the moment is just a general ideas thread, to see whats really lacking in the market place that you will either need or use.

i have a few ideas of my own but i want to see if anyone mentions them or not:lol: dont forget think engines too;-)

O

Odin

pulsarboby said:
don't forget think engines too;-)

Ok how about a nice VE head conversion, Cheap of cause lol.

And a bigger baffled sump if pos, I've seen them on the s14's so it must be pos with a little careful thought.

Oil filter relocation kit that is actually designed to fit a pulsar.

Rob

J

jpward

mattytappy said:
fancy getting a group buy going on these jp;-) ...;-) ....;-) :lol: on a seroius note were did you get those copys made up fella
Excuse me but I will have you know my Sump & Diff plates are not copies :lol:

I could find out the costs to get them folded as that is only really what they are and then I could place the holes finish off myself will enquire but I nomally only get involved in Grp Buys when I am looking something :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Trip said:
How about an inlet manifold with single throttlebody and a well sized plenum.

This has been done before.. Arranging a few to be done is easy, you just need the numbers for a good price..

Bobby: The headlight vent is being made.. My friend has the headlight in his posession just now and is looking at making up a few for me.. He does all Glass Fibre and Carbon Fibre works...

Someone else mentioned the IKEYA Sequential Shifter. I think i can get this to work.. I will know for sure tomorrow morning.. Its something i have been discussing with someone else for a while now..

Rishi