Parts Development

bracpan

lets see,,
carbon bonnets have been done (not flat though)
FG bonnets are also available in both styles, infact 3 styles.
Subframes are usually better custom built to suit driver and seat.
Light scoop is always a bit risky with Mr Plod. ( I am going to make a duct that sits behind the bonnet scoop soon)
3ins downpipe/ elbow is also available (crazy price though)
Cold Air Box (see above)
Coilovers better then D2 etc thats easy they are called Tein they are fully sorted...or if the car is only road use go for the complete Whiteline kit.

Cheers

Phil

PS I would say the most important mod/develoment would be a good G/Box casing

fubar andy said:
Other items of interest:

Carbon bonnets (flat and and/or cheese grater designs)
Fibre glass bonnets (flat and and/or cheese grater designs)
Universal race seat sub frame kits for GTiR's (all I can find are the Cobra ones)
Headlight or indicator air scoop (Example)
Off the shelf 3" exhaust systems including a 3" elbow.
Cold Air Box kits
Quality coilover kits that have had extensive testing and spring rates that have been proven to work in different conditions.

P

pulsarboby

as i said earlier, i think i may have a solution to the end case problem, but it will not strenghen the entire casing, only the weak points!

will find out for sure in around a week, and if it works it will be very affordable to everyone.

why have an oil filter relocation kit? i cant really see the point in that, explain please!

intake hard pipe was one of my thoughts paul, first to get one of my ideas:thumbsup:

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
why have an oil filter relocation kit? i cant really see the point in that, explain please!
Ease of changing/replacing the filter. Where it is now (stock), you get covered in oil, as do the downpipe and back of the engine, when it's removed.
If you relocate it, and it can be manipulated better (moved around on flexible hoses), you can have it over a bucket when you separate it from the sandwich plate !
Plus, I guess you could get a large filter on there too ?!
pulsarboby said:
intake hard pipe was one of my thoughts paul, first to get one of my ideas
Nice one Bob. I've been after a good one of those for a long time !

Last edited:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Oil filter relocation kit is handy as is makes getting to the filter easier.. It can be a bugger to get off sometimes!!

P

pulsarboby

ive got a sandwich plate on mine, and i cant see what the problem is getting to the filter, or changing it!

boucherie

how about a new plenum, and or spacer? ive been thinking about what would be involved in having more of a box/cylinder style shape fitted to the top of the intake manifold, il try and get some pics of my mates mr2 one to give an idea of what im on about

O

Odin

boucherie said:
how about a new plenum, and or spacer? ive been thinking about what would be involved in having more of a box/cylinder style shape fitted to the top of the intake manifold, il try and get some pics of my mates mr2 one to give an idea of what im on about

You mean like this ;-) .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

the thing with stuff like this is ian, there will not be the numbers of people willing to purchase!
and it probably wont be cheap to get all the throttle bodies refabricated, for imo not a great deal to gain.

paul...regarding the filters and relocation kit, i think its a good thing with a little oil running down your exhaust and block:lol: keeps all the rust monsters away, and is good for soft hands, so does actually have 2 usefull purposes:p

O

Odin

pulsarboby said:
paul...regarding the filters and relocation kit, i think its a good thing with a little oil running down your exhaust and block:lol: keeps all the rust monsters away, and is good for soft hands, so does actually have 2 useful purposes:p

Well I bought a relocation kit, I'm sick of getting covered in 5hit and struggling to get it past the bl00dy rack every time I change the oil, I want to fit it under the wing where the washer bottle was ;-) , With a nice big filter on it opposed to that stupid micra one :doh: .

Rob

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
paul...regarding the filters and relocation kit, i think its a good thing with a little oil running down your exhaust and block:lol: keeps all the rust monsters away, and is good for soft hands, so does actually have 2 usefull purposes:p
......... with mild black, Silkolene Pro S.......... :lol:

P

pulsarboby

stop whining like a bitch robbie and get your ass under there and get dirty.
the mrs will thankyou for it, she'll be all revved up and ready for action when you come in covered in grease looking like a real man:lol: :lol:

which reminds me im off to london now to take my mrs to go and see grease (is her late b'day pressie lol)

GTIR-LOZ

the hard pipe induction can be done with 2x 90 degree bends and some silicon hoses form ebay about 50-100 dependingon quality have done it myself for the q45 3 inch all the way sounds great8)

bob i have cobras in mine so if you ed to pinch the subframe to get them made you casn borrow one obviuosly for free subframe alteration

Last edited:

GTIR-LOZ

also the subframe issue would be nice to get cobra seat in origional position so it can be moved all the way forward so anyone less than 6 foot can reach the pedals and anyone higher than six foot's knees dont hit the steering wheel

ohi would love a flat carbon bonnet i.e turini copy

youngsyp

GTIR-LOZ said:
the hard pipe induction can be done with 2x 90 degree bends and some silicon hoses form ebay about 50-100 dependingon quality have done it myself for the q45 3 inch all the way sounds great8)
Yeah, but it looks shite and probably doesn't flow as well as it could either ! ;-)

When I say 'proper' hard pipe kit, I mean a metal pipe that bolts up to the turbo, and mates to the MAF with a silicon joiner or possibly a flexi joiner. That should allow enough flex in the pipe, for any engine movement !

GTIR-LOZ

er they are metal pipes:roll: 1 silicon hose at each end and 1 in the middle the pipes are so close in the middle i doubt the gap will cause a prob the pipe even has a section for the seperator pipe people also have different inlet sizes so different size pipes will have to be made unles you use the standard turbo if so there is not much point anyway:?

youngsyp

GTIR-LOZ said:
er they are metal pipes:roll: 1 silicon hose at each end and 1 in the middle the pipes are so close in the middle i doubt the gap will cause a prob the pipe even has a section for the seperator pipe people also have different inlet sizes so different size pipes will have to be made unles you use the standard turbo if so there is not much point anyway:?
It just looks like such a bodge and seems like half a job.
As for the different turbo's, that is pretty easy to cater for. You could have 1 for stock fitment, and 1 for anything else !
Plus, of course there's a point on a standard turbo. It'll smooth out air flow and will probably improve throttle response. It might give you a small increase in power and torque too.
All these little changes can really add to how the engine performs !

Last edited:

GTIR-LOZ

it might seem like a bodge to you :thumbsup: but it looks nice to me and works fine :der:

you get out of the wrong side of bed or something :lol: