overfueling?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mine seems to pull to the redline easily in any gear (RB box) and according to my power graphs my max is about 6400 and drops off quite well after that.

azboy

dan uve got no bov at all as its blocked off so when u change gear fast it would take a while to pick up again

youngsyp

Glad it's all sorted for you mate. How were Engine Advantages as a whole ?

Mine revs/pulls hard all the way to the limiter, even with the new crappy, restrictive back box ! The guy may have mapped it to behave as it does now ?! Maybe you have a boost leak ?!

turbodaily

az, never had this prob with my first r and that wasnt running a bov. only seems to do it now and then, im more concerned with the power dropping at 6800rpm, the car just hits a brick wall when it gets to 6.8k. i think its just overfueling as i do get abit of soot when on boost, but at least ive got the scope for more power as im getting a bigger turbo next.

turbodaily

yeah they were very helpful, il will no doubt go back =)

must just be overfueling i guess... still goes though, had it to 145mph sat night and had more to go (private road!)

youngsyp

Not sure why it should be overfuelling still ?! Those injectors are fine, they just won't be running as hard as your standard ones would be. The Evo's and GT Fours have 540 cc injectors as standard I believe. If it's mapped correctly, and there's no reason to think it hasn't been, you just have further scope with them, for future mods !

Does the Unichip control the boost as well or, do you have a standalone boost controller ?

turbodaily

boost controlled by the apexi avcr. to be fair though he did run the car up a dozen or so times trying to find out why it was missing at 6k. i think he could have got abit more out of her but i was there for 3 hours and he probably didnt want it to blow up lol

turbodaily

how do you think it would run if it put the standard injectors back in, with it being mapped on the 550's? and are the evo 3 510 injecters a direct fit? as i have a set of them too.

youngsyp

turbodaily said:
how do you think it would run if it put the standard injectors back in, with it being mapped on the 550's? and are the evo 3 510 injecters a direct fit? as i have a set of them too.
How many more times can someone say the same thing. The injectors have nothing to do with it. Just because they're rated as bigger, higher flow injectors, doesn't mean they inject/flow more fuel. It just means they can inject/flow more fuel. Forget the injector size, just look at it this way, in the simplest terms. Your current injectors can flow more fuel than the stock injectors, before they max out. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
If the car has been mapped with them in, as long as the map is good, the ecu won't be over fuelling the engine.
Putting the old injectors in will just screw up your map, as the ecu's injector duty cycles will be different due to the differences in flow rates of the two sets of injectors.
If the car is still not behaving correctly, take it back to the mapper and explain your issues !

turbodaily

youngsyp said:
How many more times can someone say the same thing. The injectors have nothing to do with it. Just because they're rated as bigger, higher flow injectors, doesn't mean they inject/flow more fuel. It just means they can inject/flow more fuel. Forget the injector size, just look at it this way, in the simplest terms. Your current injectors can flow more fuel than the stock injectors, before they max out. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
If the car has been mapped with them in, as long as the map is good, the ecu won't be over fuelling the engine.
Putting the old injectors in will just screw up your map, as the ecu's injector duty cycles will be different due to the differences in flow rates of the two sets of injectors.
If the car is still not behaving correctly, take it back to the mapper and explain your issues !
funny that mate, i had a word with paul at engine advantages and he too suggested it might be a good idea to put the standards back in, which i did this morning and it goes much better, no hesitants between gearchange, and no flat spot at high revs. think il give it a quick run up on the dyno again to check and adjust mapping if it needs it.

youngsyp

turbodaily said:
funny that mate, i had a word with paul at engine advantages and he too suggested it might be a good idea to put the standards back in, which i did this morning and it goes much better, no hesitants between gearchange, and no flat spot at high revs. think il give it a quick run up on the dyno again to check and adjust mapping if it needs it.
Well, that is odd, and goes against everything I understand about the subject, admittedly that is pretty little though ! :)
Of course, it could mean that one or more of the 550 injectors wasn't operating correctly ?!
Anyway, glad it's fixed. There's nothing worse than a problem like that, that you just can't put your finger on !

Fusion Ed

for a given injector duty yes.

440cc @ for example 100% injector flow would be about 86.3% on 510cc.

If any car was mapped for 510cc's and you put in 440s it would run lean, and as much as the ecu could it would add fuel to the injector base trim (whilst in closed loop anyway), which may make it run ok, however that would only work if the lambda sensor is working correctly. If not it would just run lean all the time.

turbodaily

just thought i dlet you boys know i took it back to engine advantages with the stock injectors put back in,she nade 339bhp 304ftlb torque on 1.1bar boost, thats more like it!!

S

shinny

i had this problem when i used shit fuel super unleaded try
optimax

T

turbophillie

i have same problim wit my car sluggish at about 4rpm then just clears its self out . i chanded plugs ,plug leads , distibitor cap, got better but still not happy let us no how u get on