overfueling?

turbodaily

when I accelerate and pull through to about 6500rpm+ and shift to next gear and floor it again, it starts to splutter a bit and then goes on like nothing happened... also does it alot in first gear, ie floor it and once on boost it splutters, but not all the time.

all i can think is that its overfueling.

its got 550 injectors and a unichip,forged pistons running 1.1bar boost.
ive got it booked in at engine advantages for a remap and tune next month but just wondered if anybodys had this problem? i got a feeling it hasnt been mapped too well previously.

thanks

turbodaily

it basicly does it higher up in the revs,in any gear,but i notice it more in 3rd and 1st gear. it just splutters and bogs down for a mini second and then picks up and goes.

does it quite often when booting it,when changing into 3rd gear and then putting your foot down again it splutters then picks up again. but if you change gear slowly when booting it, it tends not to do it. but it does it quite alot in 1st gear if you floor it, as soon as it comes on boost.

its got ngk iridiums in it,which is the next question what should they be gapped to, think its 6 is it not?

youngsyp

Sounds almost exaclty like what happened to mine, when I had a partially blocked fuel filter. It lasted 2 years so, you can't argue with that. Get it changed and see how you get on, they're only around £10 from Nissan !

youngsyp

turbodaily said:
filter looks as if it has been changed recently.
I thought mine had too but, it was older than I thought. Mine was over 2 years old and still looked new from the outside. Hence why I changed all the consumable ignitions parts, as well as cleaning the MAF and any electrical connectors I could find, before finally getting to the fuel filter, that cured the problem !

turbodaily

changed the fuel filter yesterday, made no difference.. the car just doesnt feel like it wants to rev any more than 5k, it does rev past 5k but it feels sluggish and seems to bog down.

chrism

I used a boost gauge with fittings that went into the fuel line.With a valve after the actual gauge.You can check both the pressure of the regulator, and if you close it you can see just for a split second(b4 the car dies)what pressure the pump is giving.
Sound slike its being starved.I had the same problem when I had bad fuel.Filled up with good fuel and all was well.How longs the problem been?

Edit:Tap into the feed line,before the regulator.

turbodaily

havent had this r long, its been doing it since i got it. ive got it booked in at engine advantages 2nd march for remap/tune up.

checked the fuel pressure and it is 3bar.

ive checked quite alot of things now and everything is fine so all i can think is the mapping is shite on it.

youngsyp

turbodaily said:
ive checked quite alot of things now and everything is fine so all i can think is the mapping is shite on it.
After all that, I'd tend to agree with you !

When you go for the re-map, they should be able to give you a definitive answer as to what's causing the issue but, it would seem to be pointing to the mapping !