no gears??

Dangerous Dave

there was alot of play before i took the hub nut off then when i took it of it fell out of the cv joint!?!

Last edited:
R

riske

If your write clearly we could understand you easier and be more help. I have the opposite problem to this. My car wont let me put it in gear. Thought it was slave, got a new slave and bled the system. Same problem. Ordered new master so see if that fixes mine. Sorry about thread jacking.

rx jamie

no that shouldnt happen. undo everything.

undo the hub nut.
undo the two 17mm bolts that secure the strut to the hub, and also the brake pipe clip that holds the pipe to the strut. and pull the hub away from the wheel arch.
then remove the whole shaft assembly.

this is only when the shaft can be pulled apart from the outer cv.

put your hand in the cv joint through the cv boot/gaiter and manouver the knuckle with your fingers, so that the splines face directly up towards the opening in the cv boot. then slide the shaft in to the knuckle through the cv boot. it may take a few goes but you'll know when its sat in there as when you turn the shaft, the cv joint will turn with it.

Dangerous Dave

If your write clearly we could understand you easier and be more help. I have the opposite problem to this. My car wont let me put it in gear. Thought it was slave, got a new slave and bled the system. Same problem. Ordered new master so see if that fixes mine. Sorry about thread jacking.
sorry am a little thick when it comes to wrighting and spelling!
what it is is that the driveshaft fell out from the gearbox end when i un did the hub nut.

rx jamie

lol your numbers invisible. cool.

you did put in the six 10mm bolts in that hold the shaft to the gearbox didnt you?

Dangerous Dave

the 10mm bolts are all in but the driveshaft is in my hand well its on the kitchen table. How do the 10mm bolts hold the shaft to the gearbox?? Is it not just a guard??

Last edited:

GTIR-LOZ

there should not be that much free play in the pedal adjust it using the nut and rod under the pedal until there is none see if it works then add a small amount of play its best to try this first before you start ripping out driveshafts and gearboxes etc

i would of thought that even if a driveshaft is not in properly you would still feel the car want to move as its 4 wheel drive i might be wrong though

rx jamie

actually thinking about it you might be right there loz. i remember my car would do that after i fitted my clutch support bracket.

but if his shafts has just fallen out?

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

if that shaft is anyway detached from the cv joint at either end then the car will go nowhere when in gear with foot off clutch, 4wd or not.
the clutch pedal height will have nothing to do with the car actually going into gear but no drive.
sounds as though you have a dodgy driveshaft to me or something has not been fitted or located properly.

once you have drive, THEN you may have a prob with clutch disengagement if you have 2'' of play in your pedal, thats if it will let you select gear at all.

rx jamie

thats my thinking bob, i bet those six bolts are missing. oh and bob, check your pm's on moddifiers forum you knobber :D

Last edited:

GTiR-Aholic

If it's not goin in gear, and u can see when you press the clutch that the fork IS being pushed back and forth with the slave cylinder, then the problem is not in the master/slave cylinder.. it will be clutch/gearbox problem.

If the fork is not moving back & forth i.e. slave cylinder shaft is not holding pressure, then you're on the right track :thumbsup:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it's not goin in gear, and u can see when you press the clutch that the fork IS being pushed back and forth with the slave cylinder, then the problem is not in the master/slave cylinder.. it will be clutch/gearbox problem.

It could be the fork has gone. My fork looked to be moving fine, but it had broken through at the pivot point. Does it go in gear ok with the engine off or carefully using no clutch? (mine did)

vss irvine

it could be strain of a new virus i heard of

'letsallguesstheproblem-itis'

its a mutated variant of 'bullshittalkius', both rife at the moment

Last edited:

noriek2003

more likely to be dose of 'imacompleteandutterfookingretardeddouchebagitus' as there seems to be alot of people suffering that on here these days :lol:

Dangerous Dave

thanks for your advice i will have the box off tomorrow morning then i will put a post up an let you know what the problem was thats if i find one!!! it could be a case of putting it back together and it been fine!!

rx jamie

lol yeah weve had that one. i think the six bolts that hold the two parts of the shaft together are missing lol