no gears??

Dangerous Dave

hi all just finished a rebuild on the engine an put a hks clutch on it.
iv put the car back together an now i have no gears at all!!
any ideas what it could be??
cheers dave.

did you forget to put the clutch plate in? lol
get some1 to press in clutch and watch to see if your fork is moving properly. You can't really fit a clutch incorrectly can you? i mean its faily easy, if its not alligned properly then the box wont go on so you must have built it right if its all bolted up properly.
How you mean you have no gears though, as in you cant select a gear? or you put it in gear and nothing happens when u lift clutch?

Dangerous Dave

ye its the original box it was fine befor the rebuild no knocks or bangs it would go in to every gear with no crunching

rx jamie

you definately put the friction plate in? have you put the shafts in correctly? have you connected the prop up properly? put the car in first with all four wheels on the ground and start the engine. its should move forward on the starter. that will rule out a clutch plate problem.

Dangerous Dave

the shafts are in right and the prop. iv put it in gear an started it up an it dosnt move.
the friction plate is in aswell.

rx jamie

is it the right way round? was the clutch brand new? did the clutch come with the springs loaded ready for fitment. ie was it clamped in the disengaged posistion? if so did you remove the clamps?

rx jamie

i'll assume it was brand new then. erm im stuck. so the fork is disengaging the clutch? definately? you can see the clutch move by looking through the clutch fork gater hole? and the clutch is definately making contact with the flywheel and pressure plate when the clutch pedal isnt pressed?

noriek2003

the only time i have ever had anything like this happen is when the friction plate sheered on a shitty techniclutch in a car i'd brought,

you have remembered to reconnect the gear shift havn't you ...lol

projectgtir

had this happen to me in my swift .you could put it in gear without using the clutch and it wouldnt stall while wheels were on the ground. one off the driveshafts had broken .Try looking underneath or above to see if one of them is moving while the car is in gear if it is thats the one thats broken.hope this helps.

Last edited:

Dangerous Dave

thanks i will drop it down an have a look.had a look an none of them are moving.
the only thing i didnt change was the thrust bearing! could this have anything to do with it i hope you say no lol.

Last edited: