never drive at 70+ in reverse

vpulsar

just done a quick power to weight ratio thing , and an audi rs4 with a 140kg driver versus my car with 100kg driver, the audi would need 850bhp to have the same power to weight ratio.
I'm not comparing speed mate my own pulsar would of killed to death any RS4 you could find or RS6 for that matter but its more to do with how they're to drive and how they handle the power, Have you ever driven an RS4 ?. Because I can assure you they don't over steer like say our own diesel avant because the 4.2 is alloy unlike the diesel which uses an Iron block, I agree however that having the engine hanging over the front axle isn't ideal.

I test drove an RS4 a few times before chickening out and buying the diesel and I have to say from the very first time you press that start button and the amazing sound of that V8 attacks your senses to the way it delivers the power and goes around corners is just about the best driving experience I've had to date, The smile didn't leave my face for days.

You can't compare the build quality I'm afraid but their is 20 years between them so that's pretty unrealistic, However if you compare the new GTR against any Audi you'll find the GTR falls short in every aspect of built quality and even servicing of the GTR is a lot more expensive than an Audi, Our 3.0lt diesel only cost £380 to service every 18 months I doubt you can do that with a GTR, Mind you its nearly 5k to replace my brothers ceramic brakes lol.

I did race an R8 in my pulsar before I took it apart and killed it to death lol, But I know what I'd rather be driving.

Rob

chrism

I can only agree with the feel of (some) audis. I had a tuned S4 bi-turbo a good few years back and it was heaven to drive. Lovely neutral handling. Best handling car Ive ever owned. Luxurious inside. Up to 60 in under 5 and continues seamlessly up to almost 170.

But as for build quality back then...:help:

Id rather have a gtr tho than any audi.

red reading

i'd sooner own a diesel than a rs4, simple as really..............if you want a fast car why buy an over weight german tourist, and i have driven a rs6 quiet and quick but utterley un involving to drive,

chrism

Ive been in, but never driven an rs6, and it feels more sluggish and heavy than the s4/rs4 variants. Nimble. I needed an estate for the pram back then and the s4 ticked all the boxes. Quick, quiet and big boot.

red reading

Ive been in, but never driven an rs6, and it feels more sluggish and heavy than the s4/rs4 variants. Nimble. I needed an estate for the pram back then and the s4 ticked all the boxes. Quick, quiet and big boot.

Can let you off if you had a baby and needed a boot as there is nothing else out there in the market to buy for that.

bracpan

We were not talking about the performance or quilty of the cars only the wankers that drive them, but as we are on the subject people like a Mr Plato and Nedell never rate the Audi,s as although the performance is great and they are well built and owned by VW, things like the dead steering and road holding are no were as good as the BMW. Thats mostly down to the fact they keep putting the engine in stupid places,,,but not as bad as the 911.
And when it come to styling Audi are to be fair consevative and to be honest unimaginative and boring. I think the stylist only has the one pencil (bit like the 911 stylists)....look at the R8? Super car my arse..
As for the GTR the figurers speak for them selves and blow them all into the weeds, and thats before you tune it, who gives a shit if servicing costs more? As I said I know a few Audi drivers and most are cocks...small ones at that.
Talking of Power to weight ratio, I am at the moment think of building another car for the Hills, it will be an old saloon with a very intersting engine and drive line mostly standard parts nothing really stressed and a power to weight ratio of over 630 BHP a ton....and yes the engine will be japanese.

Last edited:

Born Again

I think you may struggle to keep up with me in my 3.0lt quattro avant matey and you most definitely couldn't live with my brother in his new RS4 which is just about the best handling car I've ever driven apart from maybe our new shape Scooby STi we had in 08, Oh and my brother is just about to stick a charger on his RS which give him 600+ BHP with his full £1700 miltek so put that in you pipe and watch you cheap plastic jap crap fall apart as you vainly attempt to keep up ;-):lol:.

I've never understood why some people spend such a large amount of money on performance mods when the total involved (cars value+cost of mods) would buy a much better car than the one that you started with.
Given the value of an RS4 plus the cost of the charger system above, I'd say you were in Nissan GTR territory as suggested above.

bracpan

I tune and modify it as I can afford it plus I get a bigger kick out of buidling it myself then beating much much more expensive cars, but I do mine for a purpose to compete its as simple as that, I dont really give much thought to what I drive normaly on the road as its very boring comparied with competition, and many other drivers think the same and drive very normal road cars.
Apart for the GTR which seems to defy the laws of physics with the level of performance it produces ( just look where is it on the Top gear track times) many new cars are totaly unsuitable for speed events due to the bloody weight of them. I have seen that with cars like the Focus RS one was tuned to 400+bhp but the weight of that car held it back. We were only speaking about this a few events ago, if you look back at cars built in the 80's and eraly 90's they were a lot lighter. ( but not as safe)
So even if I had the money I would probaly go and build a car based on a 15 to 20 year old machine and blow the doors of the new fat cats..as its great to see the look on there faces when they see the times on the board posted by a 20 year old Nissan..driven by an old guy at that...lol
You could teach a chip to drive 150 down a motorway,,,but try doing 90+ on a twisty 13ft wide road with no run off areas...for that you need an agile quick car not an over weight blob full of aircon, Leather this and that, electric everything with a sat nav..Yawn!!

Drift God

I tune and modify it as I can afford it plus I get a bigger kick out of buidling it myself then beating much much more expensive cars, but I do mine for a purpose to compete its as simple as that, I dont really give much thought to what I drive normaly on the road as its very boring comparied with competition, and many other drivers think the same and drive very normal road cars.
Apart for the GTR which seems to defy the laws of physics with the level of performance it produces ( just look where is it on the Top gear track times) many new cars are totaly unsuitable for speed events due to the bloody weight of them. I have seen that with cars like the Focus RS one was tuned to 400+bhp but the weight of that car held it back. We were only speaking about this a few events ago, if you look back at cars built in the 80's and eraly 90's they were a lot lighter. ( but not as safe)
So even if I had the money I would probaly go and build a car based on a 15 to 20 year old machine and blow the doors of the new fat cats..as its great to see the look on there faces when they see the times on the board posted by a 20 year old Nissan..driven by an old guy at that...lol
You could teach a chip to drive 150 down a motorway,,,but try doing 90+ on a twisty 13ft wide road with no run off areas...for that you need an agile quick car not an over weight blob full of aircon, Leather this and that, electric everything with a sat nav..Yawn!!
love it! reminds me all the money is worth it! to have a car rare to see on the road and keep up with most heavy modern technology:-D pocket rocket!
btw bricpan you get my pm's?

P

pulsarboby

totally with you on that one phil:thumbsup:

ive always preferred doing up old skool cars from 70s and 80s and as you say theres nothing that gives you a greater grin than blasting past an up to date m3, porker, lotus or whatever!

the reason i sold the megabusa was because of this......it was bloody quick undoubtedly and handled superbly but when on track unless you were overtaking similar type machinery such as caterhams, radicals etc it just got boring because people expect you to go past them in a purpose built racecar.

now when you go blasting past them in a 20 year old nissan rust bucket all of a sudden heads start turning and people are suddenly interested in whats just annialated there supercar.....that in itself is worth more than anything8)

plus last of all i and many others are not a fan of driver aids such as gjhkhkjgfh, tdaaap, lkhtb, msfhu, and all the other safety electronic crap they now add, no doubt it will make a crap driver a far better driver but the cars driving you so you know deep down that you arent so clever a driver just a fake or cheat:lol:
jump into a no gimmicks drivers car then that will sort the men from the boys plus youll have a far bigger grin than being driven round a track by electronics