never drive at 70+ in reverse

P

pulsarboby

just picked another gtir up yesterday on low loader
whilst coming back down the M1 at 70+ this happened:shock:
can you spot what lol

Ut oh. Fingers crossed it's in a ditch somewhere and we won't be seeing it on the news tonight causing mayhem in Friday afternoon traffic ha ha.

P

pulsarboby

haha yep the rear spoiler decided to take flight.

a guy pulled up alongside me banging on his horn and moving his thumb up and down and i thought he was just a sad bastad giving the pulsar a thumbs up but he was obviously pointing to the fact that the rear wing had taken flight:doh:
i never noticed it till i got back and thought 'someones nicked the fooking spoiler' lol then i realised what had happened.

what with my lucky escape with the ol bill the other day in my pulsar
then this not actually hitting anyone or causing a naughty rta on the M1 i can count myself very very lucky

so if your towing a car backwards at speed with either a trailer or low loader be warned! next time il put a strap on the big wing

Jon Olds

Lost the fibreglass bonnet off my rallycross golf years ago. Turned round and there it was in the middle of the road (having been run over by a lorry...)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You want to be careful that's 3 points for each item of your load you lose.

I was looking at some car transporters this week and wondering why they put the first car on brick end first? Why not face it the otherway any cut your drag and fuel comsumption.

j0ff

I transported my old renault 21 turbo backwards on a trailer years ago. Didnt realise the nose wasnt bolted on, also didnt realise how bad the bushes and track rods were on the ancient range rover i was using to tow. When i went past 50 mph, a horrendous, uncontrollable weave started (all weight right at the back of trailer wasn't helping) and ended up jack-knifed across the A14. Without a doubt, the scariest moment of my driving career.
Didnt realise the nose wasnt there until 200 miles later...

We live and we learn, and hopefully don't kill anyone in the mean time.

P

pulsarboby

You want to be careful that's 3 points for each item of your load you lose.

I was looking at some car transporters this week and wondering why they put the first car on brick end first? Why not face it the otherway any cut your drag and fuel comsumption.

reason being the car has a complete spare engine and gearbox etc in the boot so i thought i would reverse it on to keep the main weight as close to cab as possible.
or i should have put her on the lower deck.

joking aside though i am fortunate that this never caused a major pile up on the busy motorway:oops:
lesson learned though, next time il strap the spoiler down even if its one of those little lightweight tie straps

P

pulsarboby

yeah even ooglier than they normally look lol

did your man get back ok with brunos shell ed, was a bit naughty on the rims but we lashed it down well

MarkTurbo

At least it didn't do any damage, let's face it I doubt many of us would have thought that could of happened so I wouldn't worry about it :lol:

I nearly had a load of pillows and sleeping bags on the bonnet of my sunny on the way to castle combe a few weeks ago. I was following a BMW estate when its roof box flew open and scattered its contents all over the motorway right infront of me :shock: It was early in the morning but that soon woke me up as I was half asleep at the time :oops:

vss irvine

i once watched a bike rack with 4 bikes, 2 kids and 2 adults, fall off the back of a bmw. the hgv behind him didnt stop in time!!

bmw drivers are indeed cocks

bracpan

bmw drivers are indeed cocks
Yep totaly agree and by the look of it Audi and now atracting the same type of pillock.....all think they are driving like racing drivers but in fact 80% could not drive sheep to market...

splmum

As did my Volvo.

How we have matured over the years, firstly Volvo's, followed by BMW's and now Audi's. And you are dead right Phil, 80% are absolute twits, or pillocks as you say.