Knock Sensor

K

kerry

Is this dealer part only?
if not anyone know the best place to get one please :cry:

G

GTiRich

Not being the most technically minded person in the world where is the knock sensor located??? I'm braking an R so i can have a look see if i have one??? I wont be charging nissan prices either lol

K

kerry

all i know is its small and black and located at the rear of the block and is a twat to get too

kyepan

removal and refitting goes somthing like this.

dissconnect down pipe and move exaust to side
remove the dodgy y shaped bracket on the back of the engine, reach up, undo the bolt that holds in the det sensor, put the new one in and carefully tighten.. replace the bits you have removed.

sounds simple but you will need to be double jointed and have very long arms, or a ramp..

powerstation did mine, and glowered at me when i arrived and said "can you change my det sensor" not a nice job by all accounts.

ahem

JB

mattygti-r

Kerry thats very cheap as i said to you teh other day,

£50 from Nissan is prb about an hours work

its a tricky job to do as justy says

K

kerry

yes but they want £145 + vat for the part and thats with 15% off

:shock:

that makes £170 + £50 = £220 fitted

:shock:

I paid that for a major service including gear box, coolant and clutch fluid change

MarkTurbo

GINGA said:
I've not really looked into it but i'm pretty sure Bosch one's are about £35 :wink: and there basically the same design though you might have to change the connector
:idea: That reminds me. While i was swapping the head on my astra gte 16v the otherday i was looking at the knock sensor and thinking "that looks familiar" :idea: It looks exactly the same as the one on my R, including the connector :wink: If its the same they're only about £50 from a vauxhall dealer 8)

So as soon that useless muppet Hudson lets me have my knock sensor back i'l be able to tell for sure :D

I knew i had a bit of useful info (instead of crap :lol: ) to post up, seeing this reminded me what it was.

Greg, if you're reading this i didnt mean to call you a muppet :wink: I meant to say knobber :twisted: :lol:

Davey

Whats with nissan's charging system?
My local dealer (who are normally very helpfull) want about 260/280 quid, just change the bloody thing, not including the sensor itself.

And whilst i'm on the subject, wtf is up with powerstation, they charged me at least 120 quid (cant remember, might have been more) to change mine, do they just make prices up, depending on if they need beer money for the weekend or something?
Tossers :twisted:

MarkTurbo

MarkTurbo said:
So as soon that useless muppet Hudson lets me have my knock sensor back i'l be able to tell for sure :D
:lol: The postman turned up with it this morning :lol:

I've just had a look and they are the same as far as size go's and the connectors are identical too :wink:

I wonder if the astra one would work on an R though :? I reckon i might have to look into this as the Vauxhall ones are nearly 1/4 the price of a Nissan one :roll:

hmmm

Thanks Mark for realising this now. I have Just changed my Knock Sensor recently with a Nissan one :roll: :wink: