GTIROC Trackday 2009

GTiR-Aholic

I've sat here n read the entire thread on the edge of my seat lol.. plenty of R's from the OC will be attending and I'd love to go!!
I just don't know if I can manage getting my R ready in time.. so much to do!! :(

I've not been on a track before so unsure about it all.. so it's £129 for the day.. and when you say £10/day for a passenger (that's for a mate to come along and sit with me on the track the whole day right?)

I'll have to go get my exhaust tested for noise levels but if there's still places.. I'm definitely interested and will know later in the month if i can make it.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I've not been on a track before so unsure about it all.. so it's £129 for the day.. and when you say £10/day for a passenger (that's for a mate to come along and sit with me on the track the whole day right?)

I'll have to go get my exhaust tested for noise levels but if there's still places.. I'm definitely interested and will know later in the month if i can make it.
I've got a lot of work to do myself as do many others, so your not alone :thumb:

As for noise, to be honest if you tell them that your rev limit is around 6500rpm they will test the car at 3/4 rev limit and you should pass no problems ;-)

If you are really worried, have a bigger baffle added to your system.

As for costs its £129 for paid members for the day.

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Free Additional Drivers and Passengers

I'm happy to announce that for our GTIROC trackday the events provider does NOT charge for additional drivers or passengers at this trackday. All they ask is that all drivers attend the drivers briefing, sign on and collect a wrist band (passengers also) before venturing out onto the circuit.

Please note the following:

* There can only be 4 drivers per car maximum
* There can only be 4 passengers per car maximum
* Only 2 occupants per car maximum whilst on the circuit

...swish!
:thumb:

antgtir

Get it booked you bunch of fairies :lol:

Its a bargain for an open pit, full day track event. You can go at your own pace (as long as its not dangerously slow) and at intervals you feel happy with and your car feels happy with lol.

If your car isnt ready you should come along anyway, meet and greet etc, should be a great day.

So who is bringing the steaks? Is it allowed to bring BBQ's along what with all the fuel hanging around :lol:

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

ive just had a brilliant idea:eyebrows:
if everyone else lets me drive there car then ive no need to blow my own one up, absolutely fantastic idea:-D:-D

ChrisS

Free Additional Drivers and Passengers

I'm happy to announce that for our GTIROC trackday the events provider does NOT charge for additional drivers or passengers at this trackday. All they ask is that all drivers attend the drivers briefing, sign on and collect a wrist band (passengers also) before venturing out onto the circuit.

Please note the following:

* There can only be 4 drivers per car maximum
* There can only be 4 passengers per car maximum
* Only 2 occupants per car maximum whilst on the circuit

...swish!
what time is the driefing and sign on likely to be at?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Signing On - 7:30am
Briefing - 8:30
Start Driving - 9:00
Lunch - 12.30 - 13:30
Afternoon Driving - 13:30
Finish - 17:00

Tim

Knowing this is a Circuit Days event has made me even more excited ..

You usually get 20 minutes of free instruction when you book through Circuit Days has this been mentioned?

I've attended a couple of CD track days and they are very well run :)