GTIROC Trackday 2009

Trondelond

That is an excellent idea!!! :thumb:

If your not 100% when it comes to driving on track or know the circuit that well, there is driver training in the morning by pro’s to aid in you.
Driver training sounds great! As the other R's in Norway are nowhere near me, they'll have to answer for themselves here, but I suspect 2-3 non-R-wielding friends of mine would love to take the trip as well. We'll se how things progress.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Driver training sounds great! As the other R's in Norway are nowhere near me, they'll have to answer for themselves here, but I suspect 2-3 non-R-wielding friends of mine would love to take the trip as well. We'll se how things progress.
Normally they do a session in the morning with you and then in the afternoon to make sure your ok and you've learnt what they've told you :)

Anyway keep me updated whether you can go, I think it would be worth the trip over :thumb:

Trondelond

1) fubar andy...driver
2) pulsarboby....driver
3) Tim....driver
4) olliecast.....driver
5) nitrosgti-r......drives
6) Gwa-r......driver
7) vss irvine....driver
8) Trondelond....driver (if my uncertainty is ok - deposit is no problem)

Trondelond

Normally they do a session in the morning with you and then in the afternoon to make sure your ok and you've learnt what they've told you :)

Anyway keep me updated whether you can go, I think it would be worth the trip over :thumb:
Sounds great. And i _know_ it would be worth the trip! (If the car holds together that is)
I will come back to you on this when I know for certain. I'll also see if I can get some other R's to join. :)

ChrisS

I'd be up for this provided i dont break it dragging over the summer.

1. fubar andy...driver
2. pulsarboby....driver
3. Tim....driver
4. olliecast.....driver
5. nitrosgti-r......drives
6. Gwa-r......driver
7. vss irvine....driver
8. Trondelond....driver (if my uncertainty is ok - deposit is no problem)
9. ChrisS

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisS

Out of interest how loud are most peoples exhausts? Ive got a full 3inch jobbie and rekon id be pretty close to 105db

gtirx2

Recentaly at brands my mongoose with silenced decat and 5inch tail pipe was 104db so you may want to try and get a insert for your silencer of some sort.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Out of interest how loud are most peoples exhausts? Ive got a full 3inch jobbie and rekon id be pretty close to 105db
I've got a 3" exhaust @ 100db's

When they ask you for your rev limit, just tell them is electronically limited to 6500rpm... :thumb:

However don't take the piss, if it’s well over 105db's then they will know and black flag you

ChrisS

What revs do they normally take the reading at?

It has got a silencer where the cat was and only a 4inch tail pipe so might be below 105. Would hate to turn up and get black flagged. Will try and get it measured beforehand

Tim

Anyone in Yorkshire who is unsure, they are more than welcome to pop round to mine and i can test them.

ChrisS

Anyone in Yorkshire who is unsure, they are more than welcome to pop round to mine and i can test them.
Bet your popular with the neighbours!! Where abouts in yorkshire are you? Might have to take you up on that offer.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
What revs do they normally take the reading at?

It has got a silencer where the cat was and only a 4inch tail pipe so might be below 105. Would hate to turn up and get black flagged. Will try and get it measured beforehand
Normally they take readings around 3/4 of your rev limit.

Granted I was over at 107db's when I was at Oulton Park, but after a re-test with a lower rev limit they let me on.

As long as you pass under 105db's then they won't have an issue, however if your exhaust is around 106+ db's then they might have a word.

If sound is going to be an issue, have another silencer added or a bigger one added than you have now. It’s surprising how much one silencer will make to the over all sound levels…

ChrisS

Doncaster ...

It'll give you an idea, but don't take it as gospel!
My parents are over at doncaster so handy enough. Will give you a shout at some point if im heading that way in it.

Dont really want to go to the trouble of getting extra silencers and things put in. Saying that when the cars stripped out, the nosie on the motorway physically hurts your ears.