GT 3071 R with standard internals!!!!

RO_SUNNY

Ok ....
So I ran it on the streets with the 3071 and the wastegate spring at 0.6 bar.

The car made approx 11 afr on full boost and for the ''N/A mode'' approx 14

Should I be glad or not???

P.S. the car it's totally stock now besides the turbo

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry for that (N/A mode)
N/A means normaly aspirated

B
I knew what you meant although we tend to refer to normally aspirated engines as one that have no turbo/supercharger at all. On a turbo engine we tend to say "off boost" when you mean no boost.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Try getting BCR9ES-11 instead; don't they supercede the old product lines...
...or does that just mean it comes with a 1.1mm gap? - I'm sure this came-up in a thread recently.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Yep the 11 relates to the gap. From my experience 8's will be fine. I found 9's fouled too much when pottering around town etc. I had Iridium plugs fail on me whether they were 8 or 9 but none of the copper plugs did when running 1.9Bar.

If it's a track day toy then hold out for 9's but for the road 8's will be fine.

Jim

RO_SUNNY

OK....

So I have listened to each and everyone of you and bought a set of NGK BCR8ES, changed the oil with Mobil 1 15w 50 and then ran the car for a little bit......

I took out the plugs and found that all four had a brownish colour, the oil it's not smelling like oil anymore, the AFR at idle is approx. 14, on full load approx. 11.3.

BUT....I am in the middle of a very strange problem: my Tial wastegate has a 0.9 bar rating, it has 2 springs inside; a 0,3 and a 0,6 springs. I took out the 0.3 spring and left the 0.6 bar in.
At full boost the turbo makes 12 psi ....why is that?

note: the vacuum / pressure hose is directly plugged into the turbo housing and on the pressure side of the wastegate.

RO_SUNNY

Compression test done and the results were:
Cyl 1 - 174 PSI
Cyl 2 - 170 PSI
Cyl 3 - 172 PSI
Cyl 4 - 170 PSI

And here she is back on the streets