GT 3071 R with standard internals!!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'll be taking it to Ed for the remap, but not til later this year. I know quite a while ago 1.4bar was mentioned everytime the headgasket limit was asked for, but that was always on the standard turbo. Hopefully mine will run abit cooler at that boost than the standard one does but also make alot more power than the standard turbo would at the same time.

red reading

i used to run 1.5-1.6 bar on a standard engine and turbo, boost is not the killer carl it's det. I'm building a standard engine for a frontwheel drive car that will be running 400+bhp and the head gasket and pistons do not worry me. i have seen a gt3076 on a box stock standard engine do 500+bhp best bit was it was a 160,000 mile old engine.

vss irvine

i do have one question though,

why would you buy a brand new internal wastegate turbo, then modify it to run external?

why didnt you just buy the proper turbo?

MarkTurbo

you will be running about 420 at that boost,the engine should take it no trouble as long as it keeps cool.
I reckon a bit less than that, i'd be surprised if it was over 400. Theres plenty of cooling on there, better to be on the safe side ;-)

I'm not sure whether to leave it alone now as i'm still using a standard box so already on borrowed time :lol: I was thinking about really pushing the standard engine and going for 2 bar but i may need to change the clutch and get another box built up ready!

RO_SUNNY

It looks like my topic is a really nice one...i am really glad that alot of you guys helped me on this one.

@vss irvine
When I bought that turbo I forgot to buy it with the proper internal wastegate braket...........and then went to external.....and,.....next step is an 3076 r external gate.

I spoke with this guy that will help me with the mapping....and he told me that we will try 1.5 bar :-s
The guy that will help me with the mapping ....mapped this beast ( Audi 90 quattro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzebm7roq-c&feature=related
What you say about this Danny?!?!?!? (the engine is quite strong...adn I think that it will hold really well

skiddusmarkus

Cos noone has or wants to invest the money to needed to build a box capable of holding 700-1000bhp needed for those times depending on the weight.

skiddusmarkus

Yes, except you, the black hole of gtire gearboxes with your own gravity field pulling them all in towards you.All gearboxes end up at Danny's one day :p.

RO_SUNNY

Now let's go over this thing again........how much boost do you think that the standard engine will hold on GT3971r?

This guy (mapping guy) kinda scares me with his 1.5 bar on the stock engine.

What will be the code for the correct spark plugs to put inside my engine (Danny please help with this)

Help peopleeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

red reading

NGK bcr8es or bcr9es, 1.5 bar should be fine just try it, the 3071 starts to wake up at that pressure that is why he wants to map it for that.

RO_SUNNY

Back on this one....

I checked the AFR's...
-On idle between 14's and 15's
-revving it up a little and keeping it constant ( stand still) 10's to 11's

Didnt' got the chance to use it on the streets......

A small question.......what AFR should I have, on load, untill the boost comes (that means in ''N/A mode'')?

Thanks guys