GT 3071 R with standard internals!!!!

RO_SUNNY

Hello guys / gals.

Sooooo.....starting with the begining.....

My setup is like this.
-Garrett GT 3071 r
-Delphi 760 cc injectors
-Nistune ECU
-Front mount intercooler
-3'' full exhaust (straight pipes with an end muffler)
-Z 32 afm
-Bosch 040 fuel pump
-Inovate LC 1 wide band
-Greddy profec B Spec 2

Please note that my turbo is modifed from internal wastegate to external wastegate and the wastegate is an Tial MVS 38 mm with 1 bar spring.

Now......I have a couple of questions.

1. What will be the safe boost to run on this turbo so that I don't melt my engine? (I don't have the money, at this moment, for forged internals)
2. What will be the safest AFR on idle and running on boost?

Thanks everybody!

williams

Should be fine for 14.7ish at idle and richen it up on boost to mid 11s. Are you mapping it yourself? Does the nistune datalog at all?

williams

Apparantly 12.8 is supposed to be best afr for power, but to go slightly righer on boosted engines as a safe gaurd. Got this info from a few books on mapping and engine management iv got.

stumo

i would want somewhere between 11.5 and 12, maybe up to 12.5 if there's no problems.

RO_SUNNY

Ok lads.

But......what will be the pressure so that the standard internals wouldn't melt down?

@williams

Ed from Fusion will help me with the mapping...it's kinda new to me all of this software business........

johnsy

it'll make around 420ish @ 1.2/1.3 bar, i personnaly would nt push more then 1 bar on your standard engine,

is it the one off ebay,or do you already have it?

RO_SUNNY

it'll make around 420ish @ 1.2/1.3 bar, i personnaly would nt push more then 1 bar on your standard engine,

So...1 bar is the upper limit?

The turbo I bought brand new from atp-turbo (genuine garrett) and modify the internal gate for an external one (space wise.......)

Thanks for the help.

johnsy

they say around 400bhp on a standard engine,so i would run just under( appox )1 bar to be on the safe side.......or run more and let us know how you get on

i only asked as there is a 3071r on ebay ar the moment

MarkTurbo

it'll make around 420ish @ 1.2/1.3 bar
Maybe on a generous dyno, more like high 300's.

i personnaly would nt push more then 1 bar on your standard engine
1 bar is a waste of time on a turbo like that :doh: If you're on standard pistons i'd keep the afr's on the safe side ie somewhere in the 11's and the extra fuel will help keep the pistons cooler. If you start aiming for max power afr's it'll end in tears!

I'm running 1.5 bar on standard pistons with a fairly big turbo and it hasn't blown...................yet :lol:

skiddusmarkus

Am looking at getting one of these turbos and would expect around 350bhp at 1bar, I was thinking of running 1.8 bar or so for 450bhp ish.

P

pulsarboby

yes that was the white one with flared arches, cant remember exact figure but was somewhere between 360-370bhp @1.2

markturbo hit the nail on the head though....wasted at 1 bar, itll be a lag monster lol

red reading

Maybe on a generous dyno, more like high 300's.

1 bar is a waste of time on a turbo like that :doh: If you're on standard pistons i'd keep the afr's on the safe side ie somewhere in the 11's and the extra fuel will help keep the pistons cooler. If you start aiming for max power afr's it'll end in tears!

I'm running 1.5 bar on standard pistons with a fairly big turbo and it hasn't blown...................yet :lol:
you will be running about 420 at that boost,the engine should take it no trouble as long as it keeps cool.

red reading

tosh, standard internal's will handle alot more than you think and 1.2-3 bar is late 300's on a 3071

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What will the standard head gasket hold? Whether it's in boost or bhp? (on a HKS GTRS, 2871 basically, I think)