front ext exhaust

Gav_Kara

well if u look on page 6 there is pics already up of other peoples theyve made so no this thread aint useless!!!

Gav_Kara

sweet thats the front exit i asked to buy ha ha!! has u ever been pulled buy police for it?? mine seems not so loud now i got front exit but really loud on boost.... is yours heat wrapped is it a good idea to do it though?

gtir303

sweet thats the front exit i asked to buy ha ha!! has u ever been pulled buy police for it?? mine seems not so loud now i got front exit but really loud on boost.... is yours heat wrapped is it a good idea to do it though?
yer been pulled buy the police ,first of all they didnt notice it and thought my exhaust was blowing,then when they did ,he looked saw it had a silencer and just said nothing he could do ,also with mine if i wont to make it quiet i have 2 different sized bungs which i put in and its as quiet as normal but that restricts the flow so not good for power ,but nice for long jouneys,there not as loud as people think when idling but when on boost it is really noisey never mind lol

gtir303

sorry mine isnt heat wrapped but prob a good idea ,i will more than likey wrap mine when i change everything in to the widearch shell

Gav_Kara

yer been pulled buy the police ,first of all they didnt notice it and thought my exhaust was blowing,then when they did ,he looked saw it had a silencer and just said nothing he could do ,also with mine if i wont to make it quiet i have 2 different sized bungs which i put in and its as quiet as normal but that restricts the flow so not good for power ,but nice for long jouneys,there not as loud as people think when idling but when on boost it is really noisey never mind lol
oh cool im a mot tester so i looked up about exhausts and it dont say oat about them coming out the front just about noise so when i bought my box i bought a tunable baffle with it so should be fine!!! i got pulled a few times for my mongoose and now its not as loud with front exit so should be ok fingers crossed.... yeah i going to wrap mine and in the making of a heat sheild for bumper too.. i found when it pops flames its not a big bang no more like a shot gun going off ha ha which is also better.. people go on about ya cant do track days but that dont bother me and if i did i could always fit the baffle!!

Radleigh

Something I'll be doing this year, hopefully in Jan time is making/fitting a frotn exit, I want to do track days though, so going to have to make sure its really silent!

There is a guy on the modded site that uses one and does track days, mainly castle combe, which I know are strict on noise regs!

R

riske

i got pulled the other day and was told that every exhaust that is louder than the standard fitment is illegal!!:shock:
Anyway he gave me a producer which means i have to get it stamped by an mot place after they have seen that the original zoorst is on it. What a load of bollox. Im just gonna get my mate to stamp it.

Gav_Kara

too right i,l stamp my own if i get stopped argue the fact and ask for a desabell check cos round here they cant do it so they let ya off ha

Dan_GTiR

Glad you got one made up Gav

Where did you purchase the items from to make the exhaust, and also the baffle?

Get some pics up for us to see

Dan.

Gav_Kara

Glad you got one made up Gav

Where did you purchase the items from to make the exhaust, and also the baffle?

Get some pics up for us to see

Dan.

yeah cheers mate will get some pics up today hopefully.. i had some fanges made by a company near where i work they was lazer plasma cut out.. for the 3 inch pipe i used a old gtir down pipe for the angles cos the flexi was gone in down pipe. then i got a box which came with a tunable baffle... my work mate whos a welder fabricator then put it all together...

Gav_Kara

By Gavkara

a pic of mine sorry its not a great photo!!! i still got to trim end down and fit heat plate and wrap but all that will ne done next week when im back at work!!!

gtirjoey

too right i,l stamp my own if i get stopped argue the fact and ask for a desabell check cos round here they cant do it so they let ya off ha
wait until you get the copper that fines you for having a non-standard exhaust which they are well within there rights to do!

gtirjoey

well put it this way i have just been fined for my 5 ziegen, the actual offence was failing to a maintain a standard silencer. They take pictures now, for court! If you get pulled by traffic police with a front exit exhaust and he got the hump your car will be on a low loader before you know it!;-)

MarkTurbo

Front exit exhausts are the new chav mod of choice, i reckon they'll be the 2009 equivilent of undercar neons ;-)

Ive noticed them appearing on more and more cars, the latest one i saw was on an old shape polo :lol:

R

riske

Your wrong mate. Not having a silencer or an aftermarket exhaust are not fineable offences according to the copper that pulled me the other day. I also had blue sidelights even tho they shine white the actual bulb has some blue on it so are bad. i also wasnt displaying my number plate in the correct fashion (just fitted my front bumber and it was dark and cold so just jammed it in the window) Anyway the guy said that i couldnt get fined or any points but had to get em changed otherwise i would be summond to court. 14 day producer to be taken to a MOT test center where the changes had to be seen...

You must live/drive in a well bate place mate if your being treated like that.