Evo gearbox transplant?

A

antilag

no but to stir it up more lol take an evo rod a gtir rod and a suburu rod and choose one to place up your ar$e and then snap it off up there lol 2 people will be left with broken conrods up there ar$es and the other will have a full nissan conrod "with snapped rod bolts" :roll: lol i guess what im trying to say is its not just the sr20det block thats better evo and suburu rods are puny and weak the gtir engine is brilliant u cnt find a better 2 litre for the money fact :wink:

A

antilag

to be honest i have an evo block a gtir block and both gearboxes here i could have a look and play about a bit

00sid

this does sound like a good idea, plus evos are 40/60 split so the transferbox ratio will be different but this would be a good thing :D

GINGA

Or you could fit the box from a evo 8 and have a 6 speed with a electronicly adjustable centre diff :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GINGA said:
Or you could fit the box from a evo 8 and have a 6 speed with a electronicly adjustable centre diff :wink:
Or at least we could if someone knocked up a bell housing to suit. :wink:

stugtir

ill gladly donate my car as a test bed!! :wink: the car will be off the road for a year for total restoration so why not!! :D

just dont let ginga and antillag anywhere near it!! :lol: :lol:

stu

GINGA

I doubt myself or Dave have any intention of working on a R again :lol: I even pay people to wash it now :shock:

A

antilag

haha too fooking rite ginga

o and stop showing off my evo this and that blah blah fooking blah :lol:

E

EVOGUN

Well SR20 vs 4G63, I would say this if you want reliability the SR20 timing chain wins vs Belt. But on power the 4G63 is making over 1000+ hp. That being said the 4G63 kills the SR20 in torque in every dyno (rolling road) I have ever seen. So if power is what you need the Mitsubishi is the way to go. If it’s a daily driver, and you want reliability the SR20 is way better. Don’t feel bad about the power the max power I have seen for either motor on pump gas is about 450whp.

A

Anonymous

EVOGUN said:
Well SR20 vs 4G63, I would say this if you want reliability the SR20 timing chain wins vs Belt. But on power the 4G63 is making over 1000+ hp. That being said the 4G63 kills the SR20 in torque in every dyno (rolling road) I have ever seen. So if power is what you need the Mitsubishi is the way to go. If it’s a daily driver, and you want reliability the SR20 is way better. Don’t feel bad about the power the max power I have seen for either motor on pump gas is about 450whp.

Sure we're talking about the (4wd)n14-sr20det but atleast in RWD terms:One can have too much torque in the 1000hp or so range - just look at Top Secret's "Toyota Supra's" Nissan Setup!.. It's only a shame the SR20 has an all-alloy block hence less potential for higher revving... :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Anonymous said:
Sure we're talking about the (4wd)n14-sr20det but atleast in RWD terms:One can have too much torque in the 1000hp or so range - just look at Top Secret's "Toyota Supra's" Nissan Setup!.. It's only a shame the SR20 has an all-alloy block hence less potential for higher revving... :twisted:
You mean potential for higher HP/torque not rev capability. The block is a weak point! Cast iron is much better for extreme forces. Go look at Brent Rau 2nd gen DSM or David Buschur's even John Shepards AWD they are all crazy thats how much power you can get from a iron block. The touque is more on par with HP unlike the SR20.

http://www.shepracing.com
http://www.buschurracing.com
http://www.osofastracing.com/osofastracing

There are alot more DSM cars than that, those are on the top, so far!

But in a street application car I like the SR20 its lighter and has a cool multi port intake(like race cars)HAHA. Its chain timing is also a plus. So I have both SR20/4G63 :lol:

E

EVOGUN

^^^ Just so you know, that was me I forgot to Log in. Whoops! Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids.