Carbon bonnets, Possible group buy

J

jiw

Hi, i have been to chat to somebody today about a group buy on carbon fibre bonnets for the gti-r here in the uk, just gauging intrest here then it will be arranged when the final prices are calculated and will post in the group buy section, i have asked them to quote for 10/15 and 20 bonnets just to give an idea on price they are going to calculate this throughout the week, the timescale shouldnt be too large either :lol:

The bonnets will assemble as the original unit does and will be all carbon items, no fibreglass or gelcoat used, going to try and get some pictures of a sample when the first one comes off the mould

What im after knowing is how many people will be intrested if the price is reasonable.

Other parts can be made i.e wings and possibly a tailgate, the guys where chatting to various people at autosport and have had a keen intrest in the carbon products from various tuners, they said that the bonnets could also be collected from themselves or posted at the customers expense.

Cheer's, jeff

J

jiw

sorry thought it would be tuning and not styling, i see it as increasing peformance :lol:

O

Odin

I'd be intersted in a bonnet and front wing's, Maybe a new bumper if they could come up with something tastfull and not max power stylee :cry: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
vpulsar said:
I'd be intersted in a bonnet and front wing's, Maybe a new bumper if they could come up with something tastfull and not max power stylee :cry: .

rob

I'm with Rob... Would be interested in all of the above... More so the bonnet though... :wink:

Rishi

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Is there any chance of having a vented bonnet like the Skyline 400R bonnet...????

I

Innovate Performance

we are in the process of doing a bumper but it will be glass not carbon. may do a carbon it could be hard.

Nad

I dont think the standard bonnet weighs 26, thought it was nearer 16kg, how can if weigh over double a standard sunny one. That and mine is being hung off two screws and a bit of string so it isnt that heavy!!

Nad

O

Odin

Nad said:
I dont think the standard bonnet weighs 26, thought it was nearer 16kg, how can if weigh over double a standard sunny one. That and mine is being hung off two screws and a bit of string so it isnt that heavy!!

Nad
I don't think the stadard bonnet is that heavy as I'v removed it and carried it across the garage on my own :wink: .

rob

J

jiw

I think the bonnet wings and bumper will all be fairly standard items, he is mainly making them as performance weight saving upgrades not max flower styling products, just function and quality, i think the nova wings he made where around 800g a piece (dont take that as gospel)

Rishi, the bonnet centre vent and side vents moulds are already made

so far we have:

Vpulsar
RishiGTiR
Geoff Pine

I will be going back to give numbers next saturday and hopefully have some nice prices to go with them, jeff :wink:

O

Odin

Can he make the centre vent to look standard but have no hole's through to the engine bay?.

I would be getting mine painted anyway as i don't care about the showing off the fact i have a carbon bonnet 5hite :roll: .

rob

J

jiw

Yeah thats not a problem as far as i know just have to specify that upon ordering, will ask though next weekend, jeff :wink:

J

jiw

Vpulsar
RishiGTiR
Geoff Pine
cookie
nissanmansco

the more the better, jeff :wink:

J

jiw

not counting these as definates, just a guide on demand, obviously prices will need to be sorted then posted in the group buy section, jeff :wink:

J

jiw

1)Vpulsar
2)RishiGTiR
3)Geoff Pine
4)cookie
5)nissanmansco
6)Dan_GTIR
7)Me

A

ard1ey

Would it be possible for them to do these panels in just fibreglass :?: Assuming there's a reasonable weight saving, I might be interested but theres no point me paying for a superb carbon finish, as it'll all be painted.

Cheers