Xenon headlights, ever been done?

tee

thanks for that info mate.

would somebody please move this thread into the group buy section as i can't post in there

A

another sunny

I just had this email through, i can get bi xenons also for £97 plus shipping.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear AUTOBAHN88 Partner,
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We would like to introduce our NEW XENON HID CONVERSION KIT for your reference. And below is our Wholesale Price for your reference[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a) 1 - 50 pcs = US$99 each[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
b) 50 or above = US$97 each
c) H4 Hi/Low = US$ 168 each[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remark: All the wholesale price EXCLUDES shipping fee.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to Order? E-mail us Now![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
HID CONVERSION KIT 21-Aug-2006
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remark: For the Wholesale Price, Send the Email for us NOW at info@autobahn88.com [/FONT]

[SIZE=+2]For the HID Conversion Kit User Manual - Download Click Here !!![/SIZE]

Return Policy:
- Free Replacement for faulty items returned. Buyer is responsible for both side Return Postage Fee. (This claim must be made within 10 days after you receive it), only defective items will be replaced.
- All items returned to us by Registered Air Mail.
- No returns will be accepted after 10 days of item received.

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

youngsyp

That is a very good price, even if they last a year !

Any ideas how much shipping is ? And what the warranty is like, if they have one ?

I take it the 5000k kits aren't any more expensive than the 8000k kits ?!

A

another sunny

as far as i remember shipping is £35, all the temp ranges are the same price. Somebody will correct me but if you have the low hid kit i was told that you lose high beem, is that right? i have decided to wait and go for the hi and low setup for £97 ish and i think i will go fo 6000k as this gives good light but still quite blue.... i think!

youngsyp

another sunny said:
Somebody will correct me but if you have the low hid kit i was told that you lose high beem, is that right? i have decided to wait and go for the hi and low setup for £97 ish and i think i will go fo 6000k as this gives good light but still quite blue.... i think!
That's right, if you go for a standard H4 set, you'll normally get the low beam only bulb. If you go for a hi/lo kit, you'll get a HID low beam and halogen main beam. If you go for a bi-xenon kit (the best and preferred imho), you'll get HID light for both the low and high beam.
The bi-xenon kits usually use a sliding reflector, activated by a small solenoid, to change the output of the bulb from dipped (low) to main (high) beam. So, you only really have one lighting element in the bulb itself.

Personally, if the 5000k is available, I'd go for that over the 6000k kit as, it will give more light output and the light will be white in colour. It's a common misconception that the OE hid lighting on cars like BMW's and Mercs has a blue or purple tint. They dont. They use 4300k bulbs which give a pure white light (when used with specific HID optics) but, due to the refraction caused by the lamp optics, the light gets a coloured tinge to it at certain viewing angles.

4300k bulbs will look yellowy in none HID specific lamps/optics that's why it's recommended to go for something like a 5000k plus bulb. However, the futher you move up the Kelvin scale (the way the light output from HID's and other bulbs is measured), the more colour is added to the light. This will reduce the overall light output (measured in Lumens). A 4300k bulb will give you peak light output and so is idea (and why it's used by the OE manufacturers) but, the 5000k bulb will still give around 3 times the output of a normal 60w halogen bulb but, will have a whiter light in the sort of application we're looking at !

Hope that helps !

Let us know how you get on with these as, I'm very interested in buying a set myself !

tee

that looks a nice bit of kit and cheap at the price really.
althoughnyeah you would need to get the H4 Bi-Xenon kit as this is the one you need.
i've got 6500K bulbs in mine and i think it is bang on colour wise and very very bright

Mr GTiR

I've been looking into this and have been offered a Xenon kit (HID dipped, Halogen main) for £125 with a 2 year warranty on ballasts and bulbs. The company is based in the UK and are already in the country.

Just waiting on a price for the bi-xenon kit. Anyone interested if the above GB's have not gone ahead? If they have ignor this post.

Sam_M

Been looking around for prices on the xenon kits after watching wheeler dealers on sky the other night :lol:. I didnt realise they were so cheap to get, most of my driving in on the country road twisties, so this would be a perfect mod to get for the car. As they are around 100quid im defo gonna be wanting to get a set.

I was tempted by these, but I guess they are low beam only which I wouldnt want

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-LIGHT-H...hZ005QQcategoryZ72235QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Mr GTiR said:
I've been looking into this and have been offered a Xenon kit (HID dipped, Halogen main) for £125 with a 2 year warranty on ballasts and bulbs. The company is based in the UK and are already in the country.

Just waiting on a price for the bi-xenon kit. Anyone interested if the above GB's have not gone ahead? If they have ignor this post.
Would these be in a H4? if so I'll take a set as long as they ca be fitted and then removed easy. That way will put them in my Pug till I find the Pulsar I want :roll:

youngsyp

Mr GTiR said:

Defo interested, depending on cost !