Will 300 ZX brakes fit an R?

Mr GTiR

As the tite says.

The only problem i can see if the disc's. 300ZX'z have 5 stud disc's while we use 4 stud. This cab be easily modifyed to fit.

So can the capiler off a Z fit an R?

O

Odin

Yes if you fit them with the chest wig and madallion they should go right on :wink: :lol: .

rob

GINGA

Mr GTiR said:
vpulsar said:
Yes if you fit them with the chest wig and madallion they should go right on :wink: :lol: .
Rob, they come with the brake kit :( what shoud i do ?
Get some big collarded shirts and wear them 1/2 undone to show off the chest wig and madallion to full effect :wink:

Mr GTiR

thanks for that tip Paul :wink:

Can anyone answer this before my mate goes out and buys these brakes?

skiddusmarkus

I don't think they go straight on.The hole centres for the OE calipers are 130mm IIRC,I'd be surprised if ZX ones are the same.

cmng

yes..
Z32 ,
R32, R33 ,R34
S14, S15

all Direct Bolt on if you have the bracket
Just redrill the rotor to 100 x 4

it mean even you have found Skyline R32, R33, R34 Brembo
it direct fit since it sharing same knuckle with above car
and it will fit direct to RNN14 if you have the bracket

I have the bracket
Now looking for R33 Brembo to replace my Outlaw 2000 brake kit
:D

A

AVOGTIR

from memory the z32 calipers, are 100mm and the pulsar's are 130mm
so you'll need a plate made to hold the caliper, i got a stack of volvo ones to suit a volvo 4 pot, including the spaces for the caliper

matt

cmng

it will bolt on if you have the bracket or plate as mentioned

all the Nissan 4 pot and 2 pot is 100mm wide
Single like All Pulsar series, Sentra B11- B14 All is 130mm

which volvo car model have 4 pot ?
maybe i can source it at junk yard as well
Thanks

cmng

cast iron AP 4 pot ?
wah..
surprise to believe those old volvo have this braking system long time ago

Err it is Volvo 244 or Volvo 740 GL turbo ?

MarkTurbo

So if you wanted to fit the brakes from a Skyline for example, as long as you have the bracket that mounts the caliper to the hub from the Skyline the calipers will bolt straight on an R? :? And then its just a case of drilling the discs for a 4 stud hub? It cant be that easy surely :lol:

If thats right then i'm off to look for somewhere breaking an R33 GTR for some nice brembo's 8)

skiddusmarkus

cmng-it's the same caliper used in some of the Godspeed brake kits.The Austin Metro GTi also had 4 pot AP calipers as did the Austin Princess :lol: .

Mark,it's not that simple :( .You need to fabricate a spacer bracket that has the R's 130mm hole centres and reduces to the Brembo/ZX calipers 100mm whilst also moving the caliper away from the hub to accomodate larger discs.However,the offset of the caliper may be different so it might not just be a flat spacer,but stepped.
Also the discs will most likely have a different offset and be thicker than the R's so that also needs to be taken into consideration for the caliper offset.
A bodgit way round it is to have a flat spacer and use washers to get the right offset but if you use too many then it will flex on braking.

MarkTurbo

I had a feeling it wouldnt be that easy :lol:

I'd have to machine a bracket up at work then on one of mills :roll:

More homework in work time :oops: :lol:

G

gotoinstant-redline

dont forget the master cylinder. if its not up to the job of the bigger calipers then they wont work fully.

L.

cmng

Mark Turbo
it will be very easy if you have the bracket
Just redrill the rotor to PCD 100 x 4
just bolt it on the bracket
if you got extra cash, straight away buy S14 steel braided hose
which the rear is same with RNN14

OEM caliper is facing 45 degree
the bracket will allocated the 4 pot to horizontal straight line

A

AVOGTIR

this is the volvo caliper mounted with out the rotors on the hub.

i have these brackets already made, laser cut.

the caliper is from a 260 series volvo.
then with a redrill 300zx rotor 280mm and a 8 mm spacer it should all fit under 15" wheels

matt

Mr GTiR

nice, i wish someone would have told me that Volvo had AP 4 pots as standard and they fit the R. Could have saved myself £700!!!

MarkTurbo

So those calipers come standard on a volvo 260?

Any more info, model, year, etc?

I feel a visit to some breakers yards coming on :wink:

A

AVOGTIR

not sure of the year, but the caliper has to be spaced. to fit the 3000zx tt disk. as they are 30mm wide. for a kit calipers(rebuilt) and brackets, i'm looking at selling them for $500au, i know the caliper fits, but i am still unsure of the disk, as one of simular specs (r32 gtr) rubs on the lower controll arm. and currently cant afford to get one.