What have you done with your pulsar today?

Jon Olds

Standard stuff, nearly all. I've kept as spares for my rally car or from a couple of cars I have broken for bits.
Search 'pulsar@ 'gtir' or 'sr20det' in facebook marketplace
Sunderland, bit will post most stuff cheaply
Jon

SIR GTIR

got the Brake Booster out again after the Brake master dumped its load currently looking at a booster and master cyl from something newer

Sigh,

finally decided to get mine started again (again!) and went got fuel, topped it up, got the jump battery on it, only to have it turn over for ages and not start. Guess I'll have to get a mechanic over now. Not sure what it could be, possibly fuel pump.... Annoying, got myself hyped up to get it going again.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Sigh,

finally decided to get mine started again (again!) and went got fuel, topped it up, got the jump battery on it, only to have it turn over for ages and not start. Guess I'll have to get a mechanic over now. Not sure what it could be, possibly fuel pump.... Annoying, got myself hyped up to get it going again.

At least check your fuses? Maybe the fuel pump fuse has gone?

Can you check for a spark ?

Cathode

I managed to find A centre bezel/console that didn't cost the bloody earth and fitted it. looks so much better than the butchered thing that was in it originally that is not from a Pulsar GTIR. I also managed to source an ash tray that doesn't want to behave when pushing it in. i have a coin tray on the way too. lovely stuff.

Cathode

This morning I took out my new Bride seat and adjusted it, put it back in and went out for an early Easter drive and blew away some young pup in his Ford Party ST.

Cathode

A ford Fiesta ST is not a race, it was a guaranteed win, i had to teach him a lesson for trying to park in my boot and anyway, what do you mean at "my age" !?!? 45 is young these days cheeky bugger. You're just jealous of my Max Power body kit and i know what you're thinking..... but you can't have it!
Now, i'm off to have some Battenberg and a cup of tea while i listen to Glenn Miller on the wireless.

Last edited:

Cathode

i don't know why they say it's all "downhill" at our age when it feels like its bloody uphill.

But happy birthday for Sunday. If you're lucky i'll share some of my Battenberg with you.

Cathode

Today, I discovered a pretty good leak from the gear box bell housing. Engine oil. So a seal has gone so the gear box has got a come off. Such a tosser.

Cathode

I think I’ve managed to bugger the crank shaft rear seal. Ordered a new one. Gonna drop the box next weekend.