What have you done with your pulsar today?

Cathode

Thanks Aimee. It's getting closer all the time. Still got quite a lot to do before turning the key but I can see the light @ the end of the tunnel.

stugtir300

Rebuilt the rear calipers and repainted last week,refitted today,now the car stays where it should when you put the handbrake on.

Cathode

Well, I swear my car or I am cursed. Bled the brakes and snapped off one of the bleed nips in the process. Bled the clutch. Got all the wheels on. Lowered it off the axel stands and the bottom ball joint popped out. Had to jack it back up and strip it all back to see why. I know why but it's too long winded to explain. Had to order another wishbone. Said many choice words this afternoon. So f**king pissed off. Nearly ready to throw in the towel.

Cathode

Success, didn't really need to weld, just man handle the hole for the bottom ball end joint a bit. In some respect i am the author to my own misfortune but i've managed to get around it. End of tantrum.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Just catching up, sorry to hear you were having problems and glad you got it sorted. It gives us all hope. I've not gone near the R for a few weeks now, too many house projects and work issues to manage. Hoping to get back to it this weekend

Cathode

Hey Campbell. It's difficult to find time to spend on the R it's true. i'm back at work pretty much fulltime - not sure how long it's going to last - plus the weather generally isn't playing nice all the time. My wife works at home due to the status-quo so i'm also refereeing the kids fighting over video games and the like. We'll get there in the end. KBO!!

Cathode

Not today but yesterday, re-assembled NS wishbone, suspension, brake caliper and wheel back on. Cleared up the garage of general stuff in preparation to put the Pulsar in. Bumped my head numerous times on roof joists in the garage attic putting said stuff from garage up there.

Today i'll be laying some flooring down in the garage that helps prevent damp occurring and some carpet if there's enough of it. If all goes well -and if there's time- the Pulsar will be pushed in after a bloody good clean. Pics to come.

Last edited:

Jon Olds

Inlet plenum off yesterday to try and find my power steering fluid leak. Easy enough on mine as it has no tickover gubbins. Looks like the oil is coming out of the driver side gaiter. Anybody had this problem? Rack out looks like a bit of a pig of a job, LOL
Jon

Cathode

Rather you than me Jon, i'm not a fan of jobs like that. Detective work. i'm usually led down many a dead end.

Last edited:

zia

Both my powersteering gaiters are leaking and have been for while not huge leaks but seeping.theres a seal kit you can get for them....

Zia

Jon Olds

Zia: excellent. Presume the seal is accessible after the gaiter and steering arm is removed? I have bought a new seal and that's where I am going to start, but if the gaiter is full of oil.........Nothing visible damage wise to the gaiter, so I suspect there is a seal away upstream. If you have any details of the drivers side seal it would be appreciated
Thanks
Jon

Jon Olds

Excellent thanks, your right, seals item 23 aka part 49297-86A25 or from another search possibly part b49011K
Seems to fit other nissans too
I have it in bits now, looking up the end you cannot see the seals......
Jon

Jon Olds

Gaiter arrived, so may try and 'fix' it by replacing the gaiter. If the oil level in the header goes down (again..) it'll need the rack out and a strip for a seal kit
Jon

Cathode

Not the pulsar but I've repaired the servo on my 23 yr old Tamiya Baja. Fixed it , then it came loose again.... For the 3rd time. Going to have to do some open car-surgery tomorrow to fix it....again! So fiddly. And tedious. When it is working it's quick! 11 turn elec engine. Does about 30 mph. Hit and run on the neighbours cat.

image.jpeg