What have you done with your pulsar today?

Cathode

I want to be where keasty is now. I'm well jel! Actually, I owe keasty another thanks. His build thread helped me find out where a couple of connectors went in the back of the mani. Nice one Keasty! Your whip looking nice as usual.

So, what did I do today? Got the radiator in and hooked up before the rain kicked in.

keastygtir

I want to be where keasty is now. I'm well jel! Actually, I owe keasty another thanks. His build thread helped me find out where a couple of connectors went in the back of the mani. Nice one Keasty! Your whip looking nice as usual.

So, what did I do today? Got the radiator in and hooked up before the rain kicked in.
Thanks guys!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Drove the car up and down the drive yesterday and then kept engine at 3000rpm to entertain the neighbours!

car worked fine. Now going back into the garage to change rear callipers, bleed brakes. I also want to get the injectors cleaned so need to remove them. then off for an mot.

keastygtir

Drove the car up and down the drive yesterday and then kept engine at 3000rpm to entertain the neighbours!

car worked fine. Now going back into the garage to change rear callipers, bleed brakes. I also want to get the injectors cleaned so need to remove them. then off for an mot.
Nice work, can wait to see it ready for the road

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Took the injectors out over the bank holiday and sent them off today for cleaning and flow testing.

Fitted the refurbished brake calipers to the rear that I bought 10 years ago!

Found the bleed nipples were worn so ordered some new ones from EBay. Hopefully the correct ones!

MOT is getting closer

Cathode

So, in the last week, I have been assembling the front suspension components. Recon wishbones, track rod ends, ball joints and drop links plus, I have just finished up putting the drive shafts in.

Just been on the phone to the prop shaft people and even though they've had it for ' hmmm.... 2 months odd, they've done diddly squat to it. So, now they know what I want done with it even though I told them...twice, they promised it'd be ready by the end of next week. Going for a complete rebuilt shaft at the cost of £700 ( wipes brow with hanky ) painful but necessary.

I'll put up some pics in the build thread when the weather has picked up a bit. Over and out.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Went for the mot 10 days ago with the M3 (daily) at the same time. Both failed!! Daily driver was priority with a control arm too tired. Changed that last weekend and that's back on road so switched focus to gtir this weekend.

Main issues are damaged boot rubbers on ball joints from taking the engine out. Brakes were also heavily corroded and my pre mot clean up didn't cut it. I took off discs and pads to clean them properly. Fronts done, rears for next weekend.

Hopefully not long now

Cathode

Today I did nothing, but my dad came round and put the rear discs and calipers on for me. Nice one dad! And he oiled my horrendously loud garage door too.

MarkTurbo

I've been saying for a few years now I'll get my car sorted out and I'm finally getting on with it now, it'll hopefully be back out next year sometime with lots of new bits. There's a bit of welding and bodywork to do, new turbo, manifold, and exhaust, I'm going to poly bush everything and get some new suspension and basically just go through the whole car and replace anything that's knackered!

I'll get round to starting a new build thread at some point ;)20201024_121929_resized_1.jpg

Cathode

Spent 2.5 hours yesterday getting the surface rust and burr off of the rear anti roll bar, diff and other bits under there. Treated for rust and - weather permitting today - give it nice coat of etch then dark silver.

Cathode

All calipers on now. Finished them off yesterday and then picked up my wheels from my mates tyre shop. New rubber fitted. Going to have the car on the ground at the weekend hopefully. I'll post up some pics on the build thread if all goes to plan.

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
All calipers on now. Finished them off yesterday and then picked up my wheels from my mates tyre shop. New rubber fitted. Going to have the car on the ground at the weekend hopefully. I'll post up some pics on the build thread if all goes to plan.
Good Luck for the weekend :hearteyes: it’s proper exciting stuff so let’s hope it does all go to plan