What have you done to your car today?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Spent tonight up and down my local bypass mapping my cruise and idle, plus dicking around with my latency and AFR's

...it's been interesting...

warpspeed

I've been struggling to make the space needed to get on with making moulds so have made enquiries about getting moulds for front wings, doors, bonnet and tailgate for me...

bracpan

Yes made the front wing moulds begining of the summer.. also have the bonnets ( flat & Normal), tailgate, diffuser, Bumpers, Swirl Pot Box etc etc....

Last edited:

STU666V

I have prices for moulds too.
Will see who makes what.... heard it all before....... all mouth and no action...

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Spent tonight up and down my local bypass mapping my cruise and idle, plus dicking around with my latency and AFR's

...it's been interesting...
How much of a pain has it been? - I still mean to get Nistune on my spare ECU and at remap.

STU666V

Aye Dan.

I got prices from a company. Good prices too but am doing my own car.
Might get my panels copied so I have spares.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
How much of a pain has it been? - I still mean to get Nistune on my spare ECU and at remap.
It was a bloody nightmare to start off as Jim and I were stumped by the original map and some fuelling issues.

Then we worked out the latency was miles out and was causing what appeared to be anti-lag style popping and banging symptoms when coming off power (although that is now sorted)

After much pissing about we found the standard map, installed that and things moved much quicker, however we ran out of time.

We did perform one run @ 0.8bar and I was rather impressed how the turbo spooled up and delivered its power, even with little time mapping it.

Looking forwards to higher boost!

Last edited:

STEVEN878

Finally got all the panels made and welded into the nsr quarter.
also the quarter got its first skim of filler, so a fun day of sanding tomorrow :(

bracpan

The first 2 pairs of wings have already been made and they will be delivered soon to Martyn & Ian... I made split moulds so they have all the returns and edges plus the fixings of the normal steel wings, unlike some of the others I have seen..
As many know I am trying to sell my Pulsar so might include all the molds with the car if I can get the right price, otherwise I have some one who has first offer on them.

Last edited:

STEVEN878

Got the back end up in the air so i could start sanding.
this is how i left the car tonight, with skim 4 of filler drying.

STEVEN878

Cheers mate.
It makes life so much easier having the car in a garage now, as the 3 years i left it outside nearly killed it :(

got the rear of the car in the air, ready to start stripping and checking all the brakes and suspension

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Can will still get the arch trims from Nissan, as I will have to sort out my arches next year...

whytie

Yeah you can still get them but they are still expensive.

Mayby some copies could be made in fibreglass?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I think my description was a little inaccurate

I meant then arch extensions that are clipped on to the arches, can we still get those?

whytie

That's what I meant, I'm sure Martyn said they were £50-£70 can't remember exact figure.

That's why I was saying fibreglass copies would be good if they were available.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
That's what I meant, I'm sure Martyn said they were £50-£70 can't remember exact figure.

That's why I was saying fibreglass copies would be good if they were available.
Ah right!

Not cheap are they? GRP would be a good idea!