Water System

O

Odin

As far as I know if the bolts are with in tolerance then they are quite alright to use again, Even if they are X years old, Would I myself then no i wouldn't, Not for the sake of £50.

Rob

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Mic,forget about the stat.If you're pushing the coolant out of the rad when revving the engine with the rad cap off,then your hg has gone.Exactly the same as with mine very recently ;-) the studs wern't changed either and look where that got me.

GTiR_Mic

Bruce, the Rad cap was on and it was pushing coolant out. I don't want the problems you8 had. i am getting closer and closer in getting the engine ripped out and save for a re-build to be honest :lol: :lol:

Rob, I wasn't given the option to change them at all and I wasn't aware that they are strech bolts......if I did know the facts about them then yes they would have been changed.

The only thing I was told was the HG was gone and I warped it in 1 palce. So the head was skimmed & tetsed for cracks, etc.

Mic

MarkTurbo

deisel weasel said:
pssssssssst mark, whatever you do dont mention using hairspray on that HKS headgasket when you reused that :lol:
Yeah i forgot about that :oops: But if anyone wants some its got to be special hairspray that you can only pay a tuner £100 to coat your gasket with it ;-)

I think it was wella actually :lol:

GTiR_Mic

You can keep your hair spray to yourself.

The only way I can get the block checked for crack's is to strip it right down and send it to the machine shop. If I was to do that I may as well re-build it.

Mic

P

pulsarboby

mic.... you technicaly should not re use stretch bolts again! but you can, and i have done it before!
they will either snap when their torqued up or they wont, if they dont then they will be fine, so its not them thats causing your prob.....unless one HAS snapped and your mates keeping shtuum about it!
get your mate to sort it out, after all you have paid him good money to do the job, which he hasnt done correctly!
sounds to me as though definately a head gasket problem, doubt very much if its the block!
i dont know, the things you come up with to get out of racing me:doh:

Keira

GTiR_Mic said:
The only way I can get the block checked for crack's is to strip it right down and send it to the machine shop. If I was to do that I may as well re-build it.
before doing anything get a proper leak down test done with the engine in situ.

you can also have the coolant checked

Last edited:

GTiR_Mic

Cheers for the help lads, i am going to try and forget about the car just now till January.

It hasn't been the best year for me and the car so I just want to enjoy the New Year as I have worked right through Christmas and nothing but bad news on this Red Rust bucket :lol:

I will get my mate to do the leak down test and coolant check as you said Kieron and Bob said on the phone.

Also spoke to Rob and if it is anything else apart from the head I am taking the engine out and getting a re-build. Money is slow but I will get there in time for the good weather coming in.

Mic

GTiR_Mic

pulsarboby said:
i dont know, the things you come up with to get out of racing me:doh:
If I still have the Teggy I will take that out on the track mate ;)

...or maybe even my mates Evo if he allows me :lol: Either way we will still have our race.

Mic