Washer bottle relocation.

warringtonjack

Well, in preparation for the fitting the fmic, I moved the washer bottle to the boot tonight. Plumbed in nicely, and the wire runs all connected nicely as well. All in all, easier than I was expecting. :)

Both sets of washers work, but noticed however, that the power of the front washer jets is now a lot less than it was previously. Anybody else suffer this when they moved their bottle? I only tested them off of battery power (12ish v), but would it make a difference if the engine was running and the battery was up around 13.6v?

O

Odin

warringtonjack said:
Well, in preparation for the fitting the fmic, I moved the washer bottle to the boot tonight. Plumbed in nicely, and the wire runs all connected nicely as well. All in all, easier than I was expecting. :)

Both sets of washers work, but noticed however, that the power of the front washer jets is now a lot less than it was previously. Anybody else suffer this when they moved their bottle? I only tested them off of battery power (12ish v), but would it make a difference if the engine was running and the battery was up around 13.6v?
You will find a drop in front washer pressure now as the pump has to push it a lot farther, When I did mine I plumbed in both pumps to feed the front washers :thumbsup: , But I removed my rear wiper.

Rob

Gray

I have both my front and rear washers working from the boot and the water takes a few seconds to come out at the front but it still comes out strong! maybe you have a leak?

warringtonjack

Hmm, yeah, will have to check for leaks again. I seem to remember someone else on here posting about how his front washers only jetted from the left side of each nozzle, although i've searched and cant find his thread. :s

warringtonjack

Yeah, maybe, was working fine before I moved the bottle though. Will have an effort with a needle tonight and see if it improves.

Gray

i used a pin to unblock mine and point them down a bit as they were shooting screenwash right over the car more went on the back window than the windscreen lol