Views on Dump Valves

geetee

The standard DV is fine and unless you like the sound there is no benefit in getting the atmospheric type (except it adds to the pops and bags from the exhaust!) - may as well get a quicker dumping recir valve if ur upping your boost.

Let's not get into the boyracer - dumpvalve discussion eh! some people like the sound, so what. I like it and I chuckle when I change gear overtaking people. Yes I'm childish but I don't care..... it makes me happy. Now fuck off and leave me alone.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

Oh alright then.

Cos it makes the local chavs think my car is quicker than it is and has the 14 year old signet ring wearing sluts getting moist :shock:

AAARRGGHH... I've become a peado

MarkTurbo

geetee said:
and has the 14 year old signet ring wearing sluts getting moist :shock:
I knew it :wink: Hands up, how many people have a dumpvalve just for this reason :?:

Most of you i'll bet :lol:

geetee

you have 2 I bet you child molester :lol:

and a speaker in the frint wing that makes a dump sound when you press a button.

Hey what do they know if it goes PSSSHHHT whilst the engine's off.... :lol: :lol: Surely that means it's even more quicker innit?

geetee

you have no dump valve at all?? That doesn't sound sensible. Surely your turbo just slams to a halt every time you change gear??

MarkTurbo

Not if you change gear quick enough :wink:

You still get the backpressure on the blades which slows them down a bit (chatter noise) but i find it less laggy 8)

geetee

Mark clearly did not study any scientific subjects at school if anything.

That chattering noise Mark, that's rotational energy of the turbo being converted to noise, each chit of that chat is a stepped deceleration of the turbo revolution speed putting load on your turbo bearings.

But let's be honest here. Changing your oil once every 10000 as opposed to every 5000 miles will have a much larger effect on the longevity of your turbo than any DV.

It just comes down to wanting a PSSSHT, that's it.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss how much more I get out of my tubby. It's done 80000 miles it deserves to die. Then I can replace it with something better. What I replace it with is not going to die before I sell the car and move on...... my choice of dump valve is irrelevant. None, recirc, atmos.... who cares..... I know I am probably going to get a new tubby before I sell the car.

As I said, it makes me chuckle and the smile on my face is worth a million tubbys or DVs. That's why I have the car.

Philosophy over for now :roll:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

MarkTurbo

geetee said:
Mark clearly did not study any scientific subjects at school if anything.

That chattering noise Mark, that's rotational energy of the turbo being converted to noise, each chit of that chat is a stepped deceleration of the turbo revolution speed putting load on your turbo bearings.
I wont try and work out what you said cos theres too many big words for a thicko like me :lol:

Yes its the air being forced back over the compressor wheel (chattering noise) and yes it does put more load on the turbo bearings. But it dosent reduce the life of the turbo by as much as everybody thinks :wink:

Most people on here are a bunch of fannys and as soon as anyone mentions a bit more load on the turbo bearings they all go into a panic :roll:

Theres plenty of cossies running 2 bar with no dumpvalve :wink:

Oh.....and i've been running without a dumpvalve for about 14,000 miles with a turbo thats been on the car for f o o k i n g ages :mrgreen:

geetee

If you'd bothered to read on numpty.... that was my point.

No dump valve / recirc DV/ atmos DV in reality makes a difference to the life of the turbo. Choice and changing of oil is far more important.

I can see in rally competition scenarios where bhp is limited a quarter second lag differential per gear change is important. But then we should all be running antilag systems too I guess.

Let's be honest, most R drivers change gear so slowly that DV or not the turbo has shut down before they are on the gas in the next gear irrespective of their dump valve.

Or to put it another way. A DV makes sense if you are slamming the gears. Most R drivers do not slam the gears for fear of leaving a trail of cogs on the road. ergo the DV does not make sense.

But it makes a good noise, which makes me laugh, that is my reason for having one.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

my posts are very long, so you get bored before you get to the end, so you assume that if you read it all it would make sense.

It doesn't.

I just contradict myself and talk shite.

Eyelids feeling heavy yet?

L

Little Miss Road Rage

Nad said:
What is it with boyracers and dump valves......
Hey I'm no boy racer i be a girl racer and i don't care i like it

MarkTurbo

geetee said:
Let's be honest, most R drivers change gear so slowly that DV or not the turbo has shut down before they are on the gas in the next gear irrespective of their dump valve.
If i'm giving it some my turbo hardly gets time to slow down between gear changes :wink: :twisted:

geetee said:
Most R drivers do not slam the gears for fear of leaving a trail of cogs on the road
So thats why i keep going through gearboxes then :lol: :oops: :oops:

Nad

Thats ex Nova Driver by the way :cry: decent B road any day my son! I prefer the sleeper sound, no one thinks its a turbo if they cant hear the dump valve, they all think its a fake. I prefer the sound of the external wastegate, now thats a proper sound :twisted:

Nad

pete-r

f o o k dump valves,just get an external wastegate and screamer pipe if you want noise :twisted: :wink:

MarkTurbo

Nad said:
I prefer the sound of the external wastegate, now thats a proper sound :twisted:
How would you know what it sounds like anyway, yours has been in the garage since you bought it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Nad :oops: couldnt resist that one :mrgreen:

Going back to the original question.... try the forge one, you can adjust it with different springs and spacers depending on what boost you're running and what sound you want... :D