Views on Dump Valves

W

wright301

Hi, New to this forum, thinking of fitting a dump valve and trying to get some feedback, :?:
stories, :?:
should I, :?:
or should I just leave it as it is... :?:

Mark_GTiR

Hi mate... spoke to you on the other forum before.

yes.. get one - pro-longs the life of the turbo.. ha ha and they sound minted!!

L

Little Miss Road Rage

You've got to get one its great when you're overtaking someone with their window open and you make it whoosh beside them. U can't beat the sound and they're good for the turbo too

Nad

Cars got one as standard anyway, stick with a recirc unless u just want the noise. Atmospheric ones offer little improvement if any.

Nad

antgtir

I was always under the impression that a DV didnt really offer much apart from the asthetic sound, until you start gunning for bigger BHP. :?

I have a Sard DV but ive taken it off as i was thinking of either replacing it with a HKS SS DV or HKS uprated Re-circ, not made my mind up yet tho.

I do enjoy the noise from them tho, and like Little Miss Road Rage says its good fun for overtaking lol :lol:

Nad what do you think mate??

Ant.

mattygti-r

the sard is nice, i still use mine so far ive had/used

bailey (came on the car , it broke bined it)
HKS sequential
HKS super sequental (with purple insert)
Sard
Apexi bov
Abby Road Company bov

the apexi is good, so is the HKS really , sard takes time before it "dumps"

all dpends on what sound you want too

1000ny

hks kkkkkkkkcccccccsssssssssscccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhwwwwwwoooooooooossssssssshhhhhhh 8) 8)

L

Little Miss Road Rage

I can't decide what I like best the whoosh from my dump valve or the boom and flames when my flamer goes off.

1000ny

boom and flames is 8) for when people are tailgating you.

mind you that does`nt happen a lot in the r...wonder why?

L

Little Miss Road Rage

They soon move away from the car when they see my flames sometimes they're huge its great fun. Little things u know

Got the HKS SSQ, love it when dumping under low boost lots of whistly chatter just like (as somebody already said) a rally car, but annoys me that when you're really hoofing it under high boost you only get a quick whoosh noise.

Mine does dump under p1ss all boost tho, so maybe if i adjusted the nut thing on it, would that work?

MarkTurbo

I run my car without a dumpvalve. I reckon there is less lag without it :wink:

Can opened, worms everywhere :mrgreen:

G

GartracS2

I had a SSQV and a SQV both HKS and I sold them both because IMO my GFB mach 1 sounds 8) and looks 8) and the HKS is shitty plastic crap where the GFB is billet and very trick looking,very very loud even at 0.8 Bar.
I ran 1.2 Bar the other day with my Profec B and it sounded too loud 8) 8) 8) 8) not many people seem to have cottoned on to the Mach 1.
Its trick tho very very trick.

hmmm

I think dump valves sound great and am thinking of getting the Turbo XS RFL 8). It's supposed to be the loudest one available.

It's really just a matter of personal opinion and choice.