Trackdays in the south east

Animaldaz

Ok hoping to do a track day this year so im after some advice on the best places to go in the south east area? Also im running a mongoose with a 3"AM elbow/downpipe so its pretty loud, this is something i need to bear in mind. Obviously im a novice so the car and i needs braking in gently :lol: .

Where would you guys recommend?

P

pulsarboby

steer clear of brands on a first trackday! its a very technical circuit and can cause probs (especiall paddock hill and clearways)

lydden hill is a good first circuit as is snetterton

i will be doing a few very soon so give me a shout if you wanna come along! if your a bit wary then il show you correct lines etc in a passenger ride (thats if you want a babysitter lol)

Animaldaz

Thanks Bob, i have driven brands before, did one of those racing school days some years ago, few laps in a bmw then 10 in a formula first, was a good laugh. Funny you say to steer clear, my bro does a bit of motorsport and he said lydden is a bit harsh on the car, and the surface is in dire need of replacement, so he said brands would probably be better. Not sure if he's raced at snetterton, ill ask him.

The main reason i want to track the car is because i cant afford to run it on the road atm and ive got a baby on the way so im not gonna have the money anytime soon, (no im not selling it)just before i knew that id done loads of mods and ive not been able to drive the car since, so a track day will be a good test for the improved car and ill get an R hit to keep me going, and a day off from dirty nappies lol. I should be able to organise trailoring the car there so its just the track fee to pay for a days fun