Threw a rocker arm PICTURES ADDED

K

krikra

Hit the rev limit in 1st gear and the engine sounded funny. Like only 3 cylinders working.

When I took of rocker cover turned out it was a rocker arm that has jumped of.. Even though I have a rocker arm stopper kit.

Installed JWT S3M cams a month ago and everything has been working well since. Rev limit was set to 7900. Is this to high?

Funny thing is on the rocker guide one of the guide "walls" had broken of. Question is if this happened first causing the rocker arm to slide of the shims...

Has anyone experienced this before - the rocker guide "walls" to break??

Managed to find both the rocker guide and the missing "wall" but I cant find the normal shim....... Maybe I should look in the sump?

Sweeny

not that it helps your situation mate, but i too had a rocker jump off with the stoppers fitted, but this was due to the retainer spring being fitted the wrong way round :oops: it broke a shim aswell but i found the missing bit 8)

J

jiw

do you have uprated valve springs fitted? could be valve bounce :?

K

krikra

No uprated springs as I was told to use the standard springs with the S3M cams.. Yeah probably floated the valve and hit the piston.

K

krikra

Did a compression test and all 4 cyl. came out with ~ 155psi.. Looks like it didnt bent any valves :D

Maybe its time to get some uprated springs and retainers to stop from happening again..
What springs/retainers can you guys recommend??