Been a lack of progress lately due to having a lot on at work but I picked my wastegates up today. Slightly 2nd hand but I know they've only been used for a few races before being changed so they'll do for my car.
Still haven't done anything but the collection of bits is getting bigger
The head flange turned up today along with some weld elbows, tube and flex joints for the wastegate outlets to the downpipe. And some new taller axle stands so I can get it up at a decent height off the ground.
More progress Making the most of work getting a bit quieter to do a few modifications!
Making stubs of pipe that fit into the head flange and welded on both sides is the way to do it apparently so that's what I've done. There's going to be a fair bit of weight hanging off the manifold so hopefully this will stop it cracking.
It was actually hardly anything when I had a proper look the next day, just broke the corner trim for the bumper. Got a mate that works in Ford's parts dept so its not a problem. Still waiting for it though!
I've made more progress while having covid than I've made in years!!
Test fitted one of the new dampers yesterday then finished dropping the subframe off. It all looks pretty crusty but everything came undone quite easily, will have to get it stripped down then blasted and painted.