starter motor removal...!!

turboloon

start motor has went on my 'r so i thought i would have a stab getting it off my self ,i spent about 4 hrs yesterday evening and a couple of hours today ,finally got the bleeding thing out,got a couple nicks on my hands and writs for my toubles ,but i wasn't going to let the bloody thing beat me:evil: ,i just hope it will go in a bit easier!!also noticed i need a inner c.v .boot,can you use a universal cv boot on these?also would you recomend i put the y strenthing beam back in...?

O

Odin

turboloon said:
also would you recommend i put the y strengthening beam back in...?

No I wouldn't, Most of us have removed that a long time ago ;-) , It's a right pain in the ass if you need to get at anything in the future, And you just know you will :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

MarkTurbo

Cambridge_pulsar said:
Can you get it out easily with the engine in situ?
The Y bracket is a right pain in the **** to remove with the engine in, once its out the way though the starter motor is pretty easy to get off ;-)

turboloon

MarkTurbo said:
The Y bracket is a right pain in the **** to remove with the engine in, once its out the way though the starter motor is pretty easy to get off ;-)
as mark says once that y bracket is out (that is the worst part of the job!!) it's a straight forward job!!

azboy

u dont have to take the bracket of totally just move it back and pull the starter out below the throttal bodys inlet undo the wires and out it is, even with the y bracket it should be done with ease within 2 hours.

turboloon

personally i'm going to leave my y bracket off ,as it makes working behind the inlet a helluva lot more easier!!