SR oil pump flow rates

warpspeed

Hi all,

I trying to find out the flow rates for my oil pump as i'm building a dry sump system, i have found 2 stage pumps that are suitable but need to know what volume the original pump can shift for a given time and revs, can anybody help?

If i can get a suitable pump for this would anybody else be interested in a system? I'm not talking silly money either! I would probably only sell a complete kit suitable for SR engine and a kit of parts for other engines or even just the pump for these that have or can get hold of the parts available.
The biggest cost of a dry sump system is the pump so if this works out it could save us all a lot of money and banish nissans big end probs to the history books!

cheers everybody, Scott

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'm afraid I can't answer your question but I do know that the GtiR pump was already uprated and is an upgrade for other SR20 engines

turugtir

SR20DET oil pumps are something like 10 gallons per minute from what I've read, but is hard to find that info on the net.

Jamaala1

I think the sr16/20ve oil pump flows more an can also rev a lot higher without pump cavitation. However, its not worth the hassle fitting if I'm honest.

warpspeed

i'm not planning on fitting another nissan pump, i want to fit an external pump so i need to find out the original flow rates for a given revs so i can fit a suitable pump

splmum

Raising an oldie.
What are the differences between the SR20DET and SR20VET oil pumps?
I know there is info on the different sizes of the pump cogs, the flow galleries and the pressure springs.
I have seen pictures that show the 2 side by side with all the info BUT I can't find it.
Any help and or pictures welcome.
Thanks in advance.

warpspeed

The pump housing is bigger, standard det pully wont't fit over the ve pump so I imagine the vet would show the same issue.
I fitted a ve pump to my gtir and had to use a ve bottom pulley, I machined out the centre and used the centre of a standard pulley so I didn't have any issues with the alloy wearing then leaking when cold.
I've done over 14k miles with it and had no issues at all so far, better pressure all the time too.