Shed Some Light

N

NEIL R

Hi Guys

Thanx for in put on last post in problem solving.

I have spoken to hiteq who say they are 100% it is my fuel pump,
i just dont under stand how the car would start once idle for 2 mins then cut out then there be no sound from the pump.

I just a bit unsure about spending that money and it not being that :roll: so if you could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

coxie

if hiteq say its that then 99 times out of 100 they are right..they could build/service an R in their sleep :!:

T

TOMI GTI-R

Not saying their wrong, but just for the sake of it have ya tried the fuel pump relay, doesnt sound like it could be the relay (possible tho) but thats alot cheeper than a fuel pump. :? :lol:

A

Anonymous

Remember that if your pump is still the original it would be a good idea to get a new one anyway. They can be had for around £100 for an uprated one and if that's what Hiteq say I'd say it's a good a place as any to start. :wink:

Dunc

S

SunnyGTIR

I've not long ago upgraded to a Walbro pump and I think my old pump is in my shed somewhere. It was working perfect when I took it out so you are welcome to try that if you want, I am also in St Helens so you could pick it up. Let me know if u want me to dig it out.

N

NEIL R

I check the relay first it seams fine.

As for the pump would be grate if i could borrow one to try i want an uprated 1 because i want to run more boost but if it is not the pump then i havnt wasted money which i can use to fix the car were abouts in st.helens r u i would appreciate it very much.

S

SunnyGTIR

I'm not far from the town centre opposite fingerpost, just before Haydock, I'll find it for u tomorrow after work and get back to you.

S

SunnyGTIR

I've managed to dig it out if u still need to borrow it, let me know.
Where about are u?

N

NEIL R

Would love to borrow it i can meat yoy at the ship inn pub if you like just let me know what time.

S

SunnyGTIR

Right OK, I'll meet you at the Ship at 7:00. I'll be in my red R, what car will u be in?

N

NEIL R

:lol: ok the R is now running again.

I will go to hiteq tomorrow and get a new pump, fit it then you can have yours back.

Thanx again.

S

SunnyGTIR

No problem mate, glad u got it sorted.
Let us know when ur ready for a St Helens R meet :wink: