Reduction in Camber via cam bolts with the castor mod

olliecast

Hi all,

What sort of camber values have you guys with the mod achieved?
On my front, with whiteline bolts and the top mounts i was getting around 2 deg negative.

With the castor mod done, i can hardly get the front to go negative.

Shall i just bite the bullet and go for the coarse camber mod?

What have you other guys experienced camber wise after doing to mod?

Cheers in advance,
ollie

dobby

When you turn in you get more negative camber which is good. When its straight its level which is also good. Thats what i understand to be good about having castor. I have done this mod btw.

olliecast

You set your negative camber when on a flat level surface with the wheels straight. Camber won`t change dramatically when turning.

What have you set your camber to?

red reading

apex coilovers (slotted hub bolt holes),with castor mod and standard bolts i got 1.7 degrees max,i will be adjusting things more when i get the engine going again, as in gtir henners where are my pistons?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Camber bolts or camber mod will have the same effect. from my own experience, -2degs is the top of what is acceptable on the road. Past that and the car started to tramline too much for my liking.

olliecast

That's the thing jim, I just don't think my whiteline bolts have a severere enough cam to give me up to 2 deg negative with the camber mod.
Do you knoow anybody doing the mod and using the bolts?

-'m going to level my car up again and double check my settings

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
TBH, I might have tried it myself before I did a coarse camber mod but its so long ago I forget. Whiteline reckon the bolts add -1 deg of camber, I think it is a bit less than that but at best -2degs is the top limit. When I started out I decided I wanted more to give myself flexibility to test up to -3 degs. In hindsight this was too much but at the time no one could tell me what I might need.

A quick coarse camber mod will do it!

Good luck with it,
Jim