R seems to be ok now - fuel filter or back box???

A

Anonymous

My Problem: No power after 5500rpm

Right, i've been trying to figure out whats restricting my engine.

Ruled out intercooler as its designed for 750bhp so there would have to be huge damage to not allow it to hit 300ish.

Turbo: no play, no smoke, hold boost fine all day long.

From the power of elimation, mikey suggested the baffles on the exhaust and i read about the fuel filter on this site. So this morning i went to nissan, 10.20+vat for fuel filter, got it fitted at the same time as i had pad changed & steering fluid topped up.

when i got home from work i pulled the back box off :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: been raggin it around over to bens and back(15-20 miles ish) an all seems good, pulling well and runnin spot on.

whats the most likely cause, filter or exhaust? cant hear anything rattle around in the back box on my scorpion exhaust, there didnt seem to be much gas coming out of the tail pipe :?

gonna give it a final long thrash over the weekend it preperation to be set back up on the rollers on tuesday.

what do ya all think?

cheers

hudson

A

Anonymous

yeah both at the same time, i just wanted an excuse to drive around with no exhaust tho :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Davey

i thought PS said it was the tubby, or FM?
Prob just the filter m8, unlikely to be the back box, unless you've given it an almighty whack :shock:
Er, hang on, with your driving, it probably IS the back box :p :wink:

A

Anonymous

Davey said:
i thought PS said it was the tubby, or FM?
Prob just the filter m8, unlikely to be the back box, unless you've given it an almighty whack :shock:
Er, hang on, with your driving, it probably IS the back box :p :wink:
:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, feel a bit annoyed really cos that rolling road session cost me £125 and they didnt even suggest/swap the fuel filter :cry:

I dont know bugger all about cars so its not for me to know that it may need to be replaced.

oh well, we live and learn....

MarkTurbo

Hudson said:
Yeah, feel a bit annoyed really cos that rolling road session cost me £125 and they didnt even suggest/swap the fuel filter :cry:
When you go back to get it set up tell them that any old muppet should have been able to tell it was the fuel filter :lol: Make them feel really guilty about charging you £125 :wink: Maybe they'll knock a few £££ off the set up then :D

Or they could tell you to f**k off :lol: :lol: :lol:

BenD

i thought it was the fuelling all along :wink:

Tell them you found the fault yourself, and you fitted a new filter :wink: to be honest, its easy just to say that so and so is knackered, they obv didnt know what it was, so thought of any old bullshit to fill your head and spend more cash :!:

J

jiw

if it was me that paid £125 to someone for a rr diagnosis and they couldnt even spot a dodgey fuel filter i would seriously consider not letting them set the car up!!!

Have you viewed your options, jeff