Power fc datalogit mapping thread

GINGA

GAME OVER
Looks like the det has taken its toll on the pistons or rings, the engine has started to breather heavier than before so it looks like the pistons or rings have started to give way :( still runs fine and all that but get a puff of blue smoke out the exhaust on high boost which is normally the begining of the end for the pistons :!:
I really can't be arsed to continue now tbh as I don't want to fork out for a engine rebuild only for the gearbox to give up :roll: so all the tuning bits/spares etc will be up for sale aswell as the car either with engine as it is or repaired with new standard pistons or rings whatever it needs really :wink:
It would have been nice to get the car on the rollers to see what it was putting out at 1.7bar on a standard engine :twisted: and I suppose I still could if I could be arsed as apart from the puff of smoke on gear change she still pulls like train (only alot quicker :wink: )

S

sam_elassar

sorry to hear about your engine :(

it would have been the det at your intial parts of mapping, i have noticed the power fc runs very high ignition due to teh jap high octane fuel it mapped on.

dont give up though you have just started ;)

sam

GINGA

Hi Sam
Hope you had a good hol 8)
Deffo time to give up as I just couldn't justify spending another £5k on the car :( think secretly I wanted to blow it up or am just plane stupid :lol: as even though I knew the engine wasn't in the best of health I continued to push it further and further funny thing is i'd pretty much got the high load mapping sorted as knock was low 40's max afr was at 11 and egt's were 800 max, was going to adjust the fuelling down to the 12afr point for alittle more power before itstarted to let go and had just decided to stop getting carried away with the boost :roll: and start mapping it in stages as you reccomended to get the best out of the rev/load range 8) then try messing with the fuelling at crusie speeds to get it closer to the 15.3:1 area to get some better fuel econ out the thing.
Trouble is I quickly found out I don't have the patience to do a proper job (story of my life :lol: ) as it was far more envolved than I ever imagined :oops:
tbh I've been sick of modifing in general for quite a while and just can't leave well alone especially where turbo's are concerned so i'm giving it a break for a while to see how I feel without it.
Thanks for all your help on the thread its much appreciated and sure it will help others in the future 8)