Part Number for Coil and Ignition Module

hmmm

I've PM'd Shalom who's site the 2 coil pics are on. Waiting on a reply as to the difference between the Mitsubishi and Hanshin.

nismoboy

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Right, I've been playing aroung with the Nissan FAST CD and found out the following.

Coil

Make Hanshin
Part Number 22433 55S10
Production From 10/1990

Make Mitsubishi E
Part Number 22433 55J20
Production From 10/1990 to 10/1992

Make Mitsubishi
Part Number 22433 55J20
Production From 10/1992

Power Transistor Assy (Igniton Module/Amplifier)

Make Hanshin
Part Number 22020 53J20
Production From 10/1990

Make Mitsubishi USE
Part Number 22020 53J20
Year From 10/1990 to 10/1992

Make Mitsubishi
Part Number 22433 55J20
Production From 10/1992

So it look as Nissan did update their Coil and Power Transistor Assy (Igntion Module/Amplifier).

I presume that I should get the items from 10/1992 right?
Why do the mitsubishi coil and igniton amp have the same part number for???

hmmm

Sorry, my mistake. I've edited it.

May be you you have to use the Mitsubishi Coil if you use the Mitsubishi Ignition Module as on the Mitsubishi Coil it says use with ignition Transistor :?.

nismoboy

well i have the early one as mines a h reg and i get lots of missfire problems so i would love to know if the later spec coil and ignition amplifiers are infact an upgrade by nissan on later models.?

Ive replaced most igniton parts apart from coil and ignition amp so would like to know what one to go for.

nismoboy

I cant check my coil as my car is still being fixed (at my mates garage) but i can confirm my ignition amplifier is a mitsubishi one which is wierd as my car is an H reg. So that kinda knocks the earlier ones has hanshin ignition amplifiers on the head doesnt it :? .

hmmm

I think Mitsubishi produced it from 10/1990 to 10/1992. Hanshin produced it from 10/1990 onwards.

When I entered my VIN Number in to the FAST CD, it didn't show the Mitsubishi one that was aparently produced from 10/1992 onwards :?.

G

goob

i have a H reg and have a mitsubishi module and had a hanshin coil. i replaced the coil with one from a local motor factors which cost £47. still have slight misfire problems but not as bad as before. what do u guys think about the coil i bought?

hmmm

I would definately say get a Nissan one but then I don't have much experience. I did a search a while back and the Ignition Module seemed to be the cause of a few missfire problems, so might be worth getting that checked or changed.

I don't know which Nissan Coil or Module to go for thogh :(.

I just hope some Japanese dude who helped with the designing and parts for the GTi-R would come on here and clear up everything :roll: :wink:.