Part Number for Coil and Ignition Module

hmmm

Hi,

I'm currently replacing all service parts on my R at the moment and have decided to get the Coil and Ignition module replaced, as these break down over time. Has anyone got the part number to these please?

Thanks

hmmm

Went to Nissan today and tried to order the coil and 2 different coils came up on the screen :?. A Mitsubishi one (£90) and a Hanshi one (£170). Which one do I buy?

Plus the Ignition Module wasn't even listed on the parts catalogue? :?

Can anyone help at all?

hmmm

Did you buy both parts from Nissan?

I can see the Coil (22433) but I can't see the Ignition Module on the diagram above.

Dooie Pop Pop

yeah i know :oops: iv just had a look on mine and the numbers clearly visible from the top :? isn' t your fitted with one?

22020 53J20

hope that helps, Stu

hmmm

Between you and me Dooie... I don't even know what the Ignition Module looks like :oops:.

So which coil do I go with? Mitsubishi or Hanshi :?. Did Nissan uprate the coil or something?

Dooie Pop Pop

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Between you and me Dooie... I don't even know what the Ignition Module looks like :oops:.

So which coil do I go with? Mitsubishi or Hanshi :?. Did Nissan uprate the coil or something?

i think they got it wrong in the first place mate as both prices are wrong. best thing to do is to remove both parts and take them down there, they are both pi55 easy to get off :wink:

my coil has Hanshi written on it, the ig' amp has mitsubishi written on it, they both have nissan written on them :lol:

now ask if you can run 400bhp on standard internals..i dare you

hmmm

Right, I've been playing aroung with the Nissan FAST CD and found out the following.

Coil

Make Hanshin
Part Number 22433 55S10
Production From 10/1990

Make Mitsubishi E
Part Number 22433 55J20
Production From 10/1990 to 10/1992

Make Mitsubishi
Part Number 22433 55J20
Production From 10/1992

Power Transistor Assy (Igniton Module/Amplifier)

Make Hanshin
Part Number 22020 53J20
Production From 10/1990

Make Mitsubishi USE
Part Number 22020 53J20
Year From 10/1990 to 10/1992

Make Mitsubishi
Part Number 22020 53J20
Production From 10/1992

So it look as Nissan did update their Coil and Power Transistor Assy (Igntion Module/Amplifier).

I presume that I should get the items from 10/1992 right?

Dooie Pop Pop

you played with the fast cd for 12 f-u-c-k-i-n-g- mins? :shock: iv told you where the f-u-c-k-i-n-g ignition amp is ffs :roll: go out and look you maggot :evil: :x :wink: :lol:

hmmm

Dooie Pop Pop said:
you played with the fast cd for 12 f-u-c-k-i-n-g- mins? :shock: iv told you where the f-u-c-k-i-n-g ignition amp is ffs :roll: go out and look you maggot :evil: :x :wink: :lol:
Yeh, but I don't want to be buying parts that Nissan later updated. So I go with the items produced from 10/1992 onwards right? It looks as though you have the 'older' style coil on your car Dooie.

Besides it's dark outside :shock: :lol: :wink:.

Dooie Pop Pop

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Yeh, but I don't want to be buying parts that Nissan later updated. So I go with the items produced from 10/1992 onwards right? It looks as though you have the 'older' style coil on your car Dooie.
damn! so thats why i only got 395bhp at pts :roll: maybe if id had the newer updated 13 year old coil id have got 400bhp :(

im gonna let you off being a total pain in the neck as that album is well handy :wink:

stu

hmmm

Yeh that's what I thought when I looked through it mate :D .

Something else I found out. Mitsubishi Coil costs £88.80 +vat and the Hanshin costs £158.34 +vat :?. So the newer updated coil is a lot cheaper? What the hell is going on?