Paperclip Diagnostics/ABS warning light??

BenD

Was told how to do the 'paperclip thing' the other day, as it feels like the R is down on power a bit

Tried it this morning at college and i got just one flash on the management light (or wotever u want to call it!!)on the dash, and then my ABS light decided to stay on, and have never had the prob before :?

any one got an idea???? :?

Cheers

Ben

Davey

hahahaha, i'm not sure m8, but i reckon youve fucked your ECU, and probably your car, ill give ya 250 quid for it m8, just cos i like ya :p
BTW, did mikey show you how to do it?, if so, your defo fooked! :wink: :D

M

Mikey

Na i didn't show him mate, wouldn't do it myself ! Me and electirc don't mix, bit like you really ! Glad your not a sparky :lol:

BenD

LOL@ car being fooked! :roll:

i was showed by someone,wont say who :lol: :lol: but maybe i just hooked it up wrong, but ill have a play with it 2moz, coz u know its the best way to find out how things work wen u aint got much of a clue :shock:

Hey ho, if its fooked(it aint)(i hope), ive learnt my lesson, and ill go back to Fords from where i came from, at least i had some sort of idea bout them

Anyways, like i said, ill have a play 2moz, and ill see wot else i can break, but cheers for the info, and ill follow it all up 2moz!!

Cheers

Ben

BenD

Fast Guy said:
Did you connect the right ones?

connect chk and ign
Cheers for that mate!!

Ill give that a shot 2moz, i reckon ive blown summat by rigging the wronguns together!!

What a fookin BIFF i am :roll: :roll:

Ben

M

Mulisha

If you were to put the paperclip in the right slots and there was a fault, the second you fix the fault do the paperclip thing again and it will show that its fixed if it is.

Keira

The other thing that no ones mentioned is not to actually start the car whilst doing a fault check as it will go into lambda mode or something and the management light will flash constantly.

Just turn the ignition so the dash lights come on and when your done turn it back off again, then remove the clip before starting the car.

Oh, and if you're an unlucky f*cker you might have an intermittent fault and it might not show anything anyway :( My mates car was running very poorly a few months ago and wouldn't rev, fault diag showed all clear so was of no help really :(

E

Edd

Also when you get a powerFC as far as im aware you lose the fault diagnosis :shock: :cry:

BenD

Cheers for that lads!

managed to get it sorted!! constant ABS light was just a blown fuse, and i done the paperclip thing properley, and by the looks of things, everything is fine

5/5 flashes :D :D

thanks all for the help, and a Merry Xmas to ya 8)

Ben