nackered dump valve?

Paul20

anyone had any problems with their bailey dumpvalve leaking oil? could this be nackered dump valve or maybe oil seperator?

JIMMYBACK

thats sounds like the original catch tank up to it old tricks again get a aftermarket one that will sort out 99 per cent of the problem :D

Paul20

noticed it leaks a bit of boost too when running 1bar. still boosts ok but you can feel/hear it leak. could this also be dut to the catch tank mate?

JIMMYBACK

which bailey u got is it the evo twin piston if not it will leak cos the other cant take the stain :shock:

hmmm

hmmm

JIMMYBACK

It's good to talk.

:shock: :wink: :lol:

JIMMYBACK

Re: ...

hmmm said:
hmmm

JIMMYBACK

It's good to talk.

:shock: :wink: :lol:
u piss taker :lol: :lol: :lol: ive been a member for longer than that but i lost my original account password ive been a member for over two years :shock: but been reading the posts for longer that that :wink:

webba23

Sorry to dig up this thread but I'm new to turbo'd cars and any advice would be appriciated.
When checking oil this evening I happened to glance at the dump valve and noticed a small amount of oil around the edge of it. Is this normal (I'm presuming that it isnt)? If so what are the main causes of this as I get no smoke from my car when coming off boost and my car boost fine at 1 bar every time so am not noticing any decrease in performance. Dump Valve has been on there from begining of Dec 07. I'd heard bad reports of Bailey valves and now wish I'd gone for something else but was talked round to this one. Like I say any advice welcome and sorry if it's such an obvious question.

Matt

Animaldaz

Fittind a catch can will help, this stops you recirculating the breathing system back through the turbo and into the engine.

olliecast

i`ve got a forge catch tank on mine and it still leaks a very small bit of oil out my ssqv. only very slight though over time.

webba23

Is it a major problem leaking like this? Will it have any other consequences elsewhere? Bit of a novice so sorry for the stupid questions.

Animaldaz

olliecast said:
i`ve got a forge catch tank on mine and it still leaks a very small bit of oil out my ssqv. only very slight though over time.
Have you got it plumbed back into the intake pipe? If so than that makes sense.

Animaldaz

webba23 said:
Is it a major problem leaking like this? Will it have any other consequences elsewhere? Bit of a novice so sorry for the stupid questions.
If its only a small amount then no nothing to worry about. Mine did this for 2 years till I eventually got round to changing the breathing system.

webba23

Animaldaz said:
If its only a small amount then no nothing to worry about. Mine did this for 2 years till I eventually got round to changing the breathing system.
Yeah it's only minimal. Just wanted to check as I didn't want to continue running if there was a problem and make it worse. Thanks for your help has been appriciated.Matt