Misfire on gentle acceleration

Mike67

NGK BKR7E V-Power Colder Copper Spark Plugs Set / Heat Range 7 (4 Pack)
I just ordered these. I will post a response on how they work with .8mm gap. Going to time the engine and do a tps operations check hopefully thats all it is. Thanks for the inputs

BMCC

I bought a set of pfr7b-9's from nissan and this was oem for a standard car (nissan part no 22401-53j67). If your running extra boost etc then surely you would want to run a colder plug? (BCR8ES)

BMCC

So you are running a bar of boost? Surely a cooler plug than standard is needed then? The one I mentioned above would be ok I think but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I run the NGK BCR8ES plugs (at 0.8mm) too. - The other advantage of them is that they don't have the delicate precious metal electrode tip that fouls really easily.

I've heard stories of the precious metal tips snapping off, but I've never seen that. I have had them foul after over-fuelling, which prevented the car from starting; not something that's happened since going to the copper cores.

Mike67

Whitch plugs are you recomending the BCR8ES for 15lbs of boost ?

Yes i have a bar. Now that u mention it. The hose that would normally go to the solenoid before you make the bar just hangs freely now?

Mike67

Thank you. And i had mentioned earlier about a tps sensor test. I just did it.

Im getting .5v off the gas(throttle closed) throttle open im getting 4.23 volts. Calls out 5volts. No biggy.
Now?!
I just checked my tps harness 3 wire plug from the ecu.
Red wire yellow stripe :5volts.
Middle wire white: im getting like 2.3 volts coming out of it......?!
Blk wire. Ground
Question?
During test key was in start position. On. Middle (signal wire, .5v-5v) had power coming out of it while unhooked from the tps? Almost like my signal wire has a short?

Mike67

Subloom harness is the little six inch harness from the tps to the plug mounted on the recirculation valve? Is that what you mean? Because i did the plug test not off the tps but 6 inches up to the main harness (second connection)

Mike67

Should my middle signal wire on the plug have any voltage when unhooked from the tps? (White color code)
Ignition position on.

BMCC

Whitch plugs are you recomending the BCR8ES for 15lbs of boost ?

Yes i have a bar. Now that u mention it. The hose that would normally go to the solenoid before you make the bar just hangs freely now?
If this is open to atmosphere then I'd block this off, so trace it back and see where the line is going to!

Mike67

Ok so the plugs didn't do the trick. I started to guess its my ecu? I have my tps sensor set at .5-5volts. But the signal wire coming out the ecu, is putting out 2.3 volts. With out being hooked up to the tps. I thought it was a harness short. So i clipped the signal wire at pin 20 ecu side. And i tested the pin. Ignition on to start. I got 2.3volts coming out of my signal pin. Is this normal? The ecu was chipped and tuned.