maybe good news

P

pulsarboby

just recieved an email from the firm i used to do bike instruction for on trackdays have now gone into doing cars aswell:-D and he knows ive left the bike scene and am now back into cars!

this could be very good news for you's that want to do trackdays as i know the owner and im sure he will sort me out with good prices for group bookings etc,

although the last time i met him i trashed one of there top bikes & myself, in cartgena spain which is a test circuit for jerez which is gp500 circuit:doh: but dont think he will hold that against me:lol: :lol:

have a look and let me know if any of you's are interested;-)
www.focusedevents.com

P

pulsarpacey

bobby!

i'll challenge you to a race! all the time you spend reversing out of the tyre walls i'll overtake you on my pushbike :nerner:
see you monday

P

pulsarboby

fcuk off pacey i know who you are and you aint even got a special gtir yet:shock: come back when your old enough to be worthy of owning one of these special oogly cars which will warrant racing me:lol: :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

well let me know what dates people are interested in andy and il see what i can do, i found this firm to be the best with the bikes, its like one big family, they dont tolerate idiots though, which rules me out:lol: .

dont know if hes doing the same with cars but you get a reward card so the more you do through the season the more points you clock up on your membership card8)

in a season i had enough points for a free full trackday at brands (which is an expensive circuit even on the bike)

they certainly do look after their loyal customers:thumbsup:

antgtir

Are those prices on the site comparible in cost to other sites?

Whoever sells this track time should feel privelaged that he/she will see more than one GTiR running at the same time and do us a major 50% off discount. :lol:

Ant.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
They are not too bad Ant, there are some sites that offer say Oulton Park for less and a couple of others that are higher, one site quoting £295 for on open pit day at OP :shock: :shock: :der: :der:

Most of the dates look fine to me - I would be keen for the 05/08/2008 trackday at Oulton Park, dependant on whether it is convenient for others.

Also would be keen to see what kind of discount we could get from these prices?

P

pulsarboby

andy i would need more than one person to get a discount lol

a few of you's need to put your heads together on a date then come back and let me know!
il do whatever one everyone else wants to do (so i can be counted as one), if i can get 3 then il give kev a bell and try to sort out a discount, but he may require 5 in total. pointless me going to him with just the two of us.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
pointless me going to him with just the two of us.
Very true!

Well if anyone else wants to suggest dates then i'm cool with whatever

More voices needed!

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Whats the track like?

Its a 4 hour drive for me so would need to book the day before off to get there etc, but tempted :)

P

pulsarboby

its over 4hrs from me kenan so il be coming up the night before also, if your gonna go and we get a date, price sorted then well try book in the same place then can have some grub and a beer or 3:lol:

tracks very good mixture of everything really and is quite a wide circuit, ive never been round there in a car (only bike) and every time ive been there its been pi55ing down:roll:
think andys done it a few times as its his local

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Youtube is a reasonable way of finding out what the track is like. ;-)

Oulton Park is certainly one of the best circuits in the UK. As it hosts some of the big races such as the BTCC, its well looked after and offers challenging corners, if taken correctly can give you a great feeling of satisfaction.

I've always had a "wet Oulton" in the morning and finished with a dry track in the afternoon - this helps me build up confidence and willingness to push the car more.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Looks like a good track, not been to a GP class track before.

I'd be up for this, I am however slow so you might want to go out in front of me :)

P

pulsarboby

lol its about enjoying the day kenan! its a trackday not a race!
you just go as fast as you feel comfortable doing.

someone once told me 'the smart man is the one who comes home with a beaming smile across his face, and with car and limbs in one piece' and thats many a true word.

too many people try to drive beyond their limits with aggression and thats when it all goes terribly wrong! smoothness and fluency is the key to effortless quick laps, speed will then come naturally;-) oh and a little bit of aggression of course:lol:

antgtir

I would love to commit now but tbh i cant as the money will be an issue at the moment, ill only really know after the next few weeks or so as im in the middle of getting some new wheels for the R and free ing up the existing ones for track with semi slicks ;)

Will keep my eye on this though as its something i really want to do especially considering its on my doorstep to. To have the full day available as an open pit is a great opportunity to fine tune settings and as Andy has already said become more confident in driving the circuit and the car etc.

So for now mine is unfortunately only a maybe but i will confirm closer the date.

Ant.