MAF Sensor regrounding

P11SR20DET

Hey guys - Don't shoot me if this has been discussed already - but I felt like i needed to share this with at least some of you out there. Somewhat related to this topic....I recently added some extra grounding to my P11 (with GTiR engine.) It was all home made. I took a piece of 1/2" copper tubing from an old air condition line (about 5" long), and cut a slit in it with a hacksaw, then rolled and flattened it out to make a grounding plate. I drilled some holes in it to accomodate some bolts that I used to tie down the grounding wires. I then used some old car audio 8awg and 4 awg wire that I had lying around (from my numerous previous audio installs in other vehicles) to make the grounding wires. I then grounded off the following points:

1. Alternator bolt to right shock mount.
2. Right shock mount to grounding plate.
3. Intake plenum to GP.
4. Gearbox to GP.
5. Thermostat housing- to Engine block- to GP.
6. GP to original battery ground.
(I relocated my battery to the trunk to make room for my air filter).

I also removed and cleaned all the original grounding points that I could find. Make sure to sand the lugs / bolts / body down to bare metal.

I also installed a 4awg wire from the alternator live (+) to the battery.

After I did all this - there was s DEFINITE improvement in the response of the vehicle in acceleration. Sorry - I don't have any pics of this...but if you guys wish - I can post up some in a few days.

I definitely recommend this simple mod, if you haven't done it already. There are aftermarket kits available too...but I think they're too expensive. You can do this yourself. You will need:

1. Copper / brass material to make one or two grounding strips or plate.
2. 5 or 6 10mm bolt and nuts with washers.
3. 10-12 lugs for 8 awg wire.
4. Approx 12' of 8awg multistrand wire.
6. Various grades of emery paper (I used 80 & 120 grit).
7. You basic socket and spanner sets.
8. Maybe 3 hours of time.

Hope this helps.